This course is a combination of Introduction to Cybersecurity and Cybersecurity Essentials, following curriculum materials provided by our trained instructors in the CISCO Networking Academy. The course is designed for students who are considering IT as a career with a specialization in cybersecurity. Core skills to be covered in the course include:
- Learn what cybersecurity is and its potential impact on you.
- Understand the most common threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities.
- Gain insights into how businesses protect their operations from attacks.
- Find the latest job trends and why cybersecurity continues to grow.
- Understand security controls for networks, servers, and applications.
- Learn valuable security principles and how to develop compliant policies.
- Implement proper procedures for data confidentiality and availability.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer
45 Hours – No book required
March 4, 2024 – May 10, 2024*
Weekly meeting Tuesdays from 6-7 pm via Zoom
*No Class April 1-5, due to faculty/student break
Course Meeting Location
Online via Cisco Networking Academy, Zoom, and/or Blackboard (you will receive an email prior to the course with individual log-in instructions).
Course Cost: $135.00
PLEASE NOTE: Payment for continuing education classes is expected at the time of registration, as the classes are on a first-come, first-served basis. All costs must be paid for a student to be officially registered.
If you need assistance with Registration, please contact CE Registration at 704.922.6232.
- Click on the following link and follow instructions as listed: CE Registration Link
- Reminder: In the Course Code Number field, enter a single keyword (Cyber). No additional information is required.
Notes when using Online registration
- If you have an address change, name change, etc., we will need this updated information so we can contact you in case of a class change/cancellation or refund. Entering different information on the registration form will not update any existing records. If your information has changed, look for a link at the top of WebAdvisor Continuing Education page or click on the one provided here – Current/Former Students: please click here to provide us with a current email address and phone number if it has changed since first enrolling at Gaston College or you may call the Registration Department at 704.922.6232.
**NOTE: If you are 16 or 17 years old, you will have to register by completing a Continuing Education registration form. Contact the Registrar’s Office at email@example.com or 704.922.6232 to request a Continuing Education registration form or you may register in person at the Dallas Campus.
Payment is due at the time of registration prior to the class date. You cannot DROP/WITHDRAW from classes using WebAdvisor.
Walk-in (payment is due at the time of registration prior to the class date)
CE Registration Department
MYERS CENTER – 2nd floor
201 Highway 321 South,
Dallas, NC 28034
Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm, Fridays 8am-11am – Dallas Campus Map
If a student officially drops from a class or classes before the 10 percent date of the class(es), a 75 percent tuition refund will be given for the class(es) dropped. A 100% refund will be made if the student drops from the class prior to the class start date. No refunds will be given after the 10 percent date. If a course fails to materialize, refunds are automatically processed. (The refund policy is subject to change. Refunds of tuition will be issued in accordance with the current state and college policy.) To request a refund or transfer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 704-922-6232.
“Like” us on Facebook “Gaston College Economic Workforce Development”
For more information or questions, you can also email: ConEd@gaston.edu