The Learning Center program is staffed by paid tutors who have B’s or better in the courses they tutor, and who are recommended by their instructor or the chair of the department in which the course is taught. Tutors are carefully interviewed by the Learning Center Director and Specialist and undergo an initial training period. In addition to being knowledgeable and well-trained, tutors are also chosen for their sensitivity toward students and for their interest in teaching. Students who are not satisfied with their understanding or performance in a course may use this free service. Help is available in the areas of understanding concepts, problem-solving, and study skills. Tutoring services are available not only for the student who is having difficulty in passing a course, but also for those students who want to improve their skills.
Our goals at the Gaston College Learning Center are to:
- Help students become more independent, self-confident, proficient learners
- Provide a safe and proper academic environment for the students of Gaston College
- To provide quality peer tutoring to help students achieve their fullest academic potential
- To provide ongoing training and certification for peer tutors
General tutoring is available on an appointment or a walk-in basis on all 3 campuses
- Dallas Campus- Dalpiaz Student Success Center
- Lincoln Campus- Lincoln Classroom Building Room 206
- Kimbrell Campus- KCC 203
The Learning Center hours of operation are as follows
- Monday–Thursday, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; Friday, 8 am–noon.
If you wish to sign up for tutoring please click the need tutoring tab and follow instructions, or email email@example.com.