Business and Industry Training
Preparing the State's Workforce
Gaston College’s Center for Workforce Excellence provides customized training and corporate education services to support full-time production and direct customer service positions that are created in NC, and enhances the growth potential of these companies while also preparing the state’s workforce with the skills essential for successful employment in emerging industries.
Open Enrollment Courses
Gaston College’s Business and Industry Training offers training courses and programs ranging from industry-specific technical skills, to Leadership, LEAN, and forklift training. These open enrollment courses are offered at either our Dallas, Kimbrell or Lincoln campus and are available to the general public for a fee. If you have a need that is not listed, we may be able to set up a class in your business location.
FORKLIFT: BASIC OPERATOR
Gain the fundamental knowledge and skills necessary to operate a sit-down counterbalanced, LP gas-powered forklift. Learn safety aspects, operations, basic maintenance, and OSHA compliance issues. Upon successful completion of the course, the student will earn an operator’s certificate. You must be 18 years old to participate in the course and to take the examination. Manual included in the cost of the course. 6 hours, $85 per person, Keyword: FORKLIFT
FORKLIFT: Train the Trainer
Train others to operate a forklift. Training is based on the requirements of the OSHA Standard to develop a forklift training class. Attendees should be experienced forklift (powered industrial) truck drivers. Manual included in the cost of the course. 7 hours. $95 per person. Keyword: FORKLIFT
Please read the following instructions on how to register for courses online and by Letter of Authorization.
How to Pay Online:
Prepayment by credit card is available by registering and following the below instructions for our Self-Service system.
- Click the sign up icon below.
- Click “Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes.”
- In the search box, type in the course name or a keyword in the course name (example: Forklift); the search results will display the course results.
- Click the box beside the course that you would like to register for; click “submit.”
- Fill out the personal identification form, then click “submit.” You will then be prompted to pay by credit card.
Letter of Authorization (LOA) Request:
For companies requesting to do a letter of authorization (LOA) and be billed after the class, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Courses/workshops you are requesting your employees attend.
- Please include the number of employees that will be attending and your billing address. Once your request has been sent, you will receive a letter of authorization via email to sign and complete before the course(s) begin.
For more information about classes, contact:
Emily Hansley, Director – LC 148