The GC Promise program will cover all in-state tuition and fees not covered by financial aid or other scholarships for two years for ALL eligible Gaston or Lincoln County high school graduates. Savings could range from $5,000 for students seeking credentials at Gaston College up to $30,000 for students who initially planned to start at a four-year university right after high school.
Who is eligible for the GC Promise program?
Any Gaston or Lincoln County high school graduate from public, private, and home schools who meet the following criteria:
- Recent high school graduate
- Earned at least a 3.25 unweighted GPA in high school
- Have completed at least 15 credit hours in Career or College Promise program or complete a CCP pathway
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all CCP classes
- Completed the Federal Financial Aid Application (FAFSA) and GC Scholarship Application
- Complete all general admissions requirements of the College
- Enroll in at least 15 credit hours in a degree-seeking program at GC the semester immediately following high-school graduation
How do I remain eligible for the GC Promise program?
- Once enrolled, students must continuously maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA and a completion rate of 67% and not have any disciplinary actions taken against them
- Must enroll in at least 15 credit hours in all fall and spring semesters and maintain continuous enrollment while in the program.
Additional Program Details:
- The scholarship will cover up to $1,250 per term.
- The two years of eligibility begins in the fall semester after high school graduation and ends following the spring semester of the second year.
- Funding from federal and state grants, scholarships, and outside funding must be exhausted before GC begins paying.
- Scholarship is non-transferable to other institution or other person(s)