Notice of Nondiscrimination
Gaston College is committed to affirmative action and equal opportunity in employment and educational programs and activities and does not discriminate against current or potential employees or students on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. Gaston College supports protections under all applicable state and federal laws including but not limited to the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and Title II of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA) of 2008.
Inquiries regarding affirmative action/equal opportunity should be directed to: Chief Administrative Officer (Employees) or Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management (Students), 201 Highway 321 South, Dallas, NC 28034 or call 704.922.6200.
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects persons from discrimination based on sex in educational programs or activities which receive Federal financial assistance. Gaston College is committed to providing an education environment where no person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity.
The College encourages students to immediately report incidents of sex discrimination, sexual harassment, sexual violence, or sexual misconduct. While compliance with the law is everyone’s responsibility, listed below are the College’s Title IX Coordinator and Deputy Coordinator.
Title IX Coordinator
Chief Administrative Officer
Beam Administration Building
201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, NC 28034
Title IX Deputy Coordinator
Silvia Patricia Rios Husain
Vice President for Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
201 Highway 321 South
Dallas, NC 28034
The Clery Act is a federal law that requires institutions of higher education in the United States to disclose campus security information including crime statistics. For crime statistics, click here.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, is a federal law that governs the privacy of student educational records, access to those records, and disclosure of information from those records. Gaston College Policy 4-31, Confidentiality and Access of Student Records, provides additional information concerning classification, access, and release of student records. Additional information is also provided in the Gaston College Student Handbook (link). Hard copies are available upon request by contacting Records and Registration at 704.922.6232.
Gaston College is committed to providing prospective and current students, parents, and employees with information on a variety of topics as required by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008. For additional information on topics such as financial aid, disability services, price of attendance, refund policy, student diversity, drug and alcohol policy, and Clery Act (campus crime), please click the following link: (link to consumer information). A copy of the required disclosure information is available upon request by contacting Student Services at 704.922.2390.
Gaston College Financial Statement Fiscal 2017-2018
Audited financial statements for Gaston College for the period ending June 30, 2018.
Gaston College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Gaston College may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling 404.679.4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website. The Commission on Colleges should be contacted only on matters related to the accreditation status of Gaston College and not for general college information.
Engineering and Industrial Technology
Civil Engineering Technology
Electronics Engineering Technology
Mechanical Engineering Technology
- ABET – Accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission (www.abet.org)
Health & Human Services
Associate Degree Nursing
- ACEN – Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (www.acenursing.org)
- NCBON – North Carolina Board of Nursing (www.ncbon.com)
- NAS 101 – North Carolina Division of Health Services Regulation (www.NCNAR.org)
- NAS 102 – North Carolina Board of Nursing (www.NCBON.org)
- AVMA – American Veterinary Medical Association (www.avma.org)
- United States Department of Agriculture/Animal Plant Health Inspection Service (www.aphis.usda.gov)
- Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (www.eatright.org/acend)
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (www.eatright.org)
- Association of Nutrition & Foodservice Professionals (www.anfponline.org)
- The National Association for the Education of Young Children (www.naeyce.org)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the MAERB – Medical Assisting Education Review Board (www.caahep.org)
- NC Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners (https://www.nccosmeticarts.com/)
- IFSAC – International Fire Science Accreditation Congress (https://ifsac.org/)
Basic Law Enforcement (BLET)
Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the CoAEMSP – Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). (www.caahep.org)
Student Support Services
Learning Centers (Dallas & Lincoln)
- CRLA – College Reading and Learning Association (Certification of Tutoring Program)
Arts and Sciences
- Council for Undergraduate Research (www.cur.org)
- North Carolina Association for Developmental Education (http://ncade.net)
- NC College Transfer Program Association (www.officialctpa.net)
- MBLEX – Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (www.fsmtb.org)
- NC Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy (www.bmbt.org)
- Associated Bodywork and Massage Professionals (www.ABMP.com)
- American Massage Therapy Association (www.amta.org)
Small Business Center
- NACCE – National Association of Community Colleges for Entrepreneurship