Student Advising Resources
Academic advising is a shared process wherein you and your advisor work closely together throughout your college experience. Whether your plan is to take a few classes, transfer to another institution, or earn a degree at Gaston College, your advisor will work with you to provide academic advising, career guidance, and academic support services. The Academic Advising Centers embrace a holistic advising approach that supports teaching and learning.
The mission of the Academic Advising Centers is to assist students in connecting their educational goals with their career goals by developing a plan for academic success.
Academic Advisors provide timely, accurate information about academic and career opportunities and requirements, college policies and procedures, and seamless transfer pathways. Through frequent interaction, advisors engage students in assuming an active role in their own academic planning. Academic planning is a shared responsibility between student and advisor.
- Arts & Sciences Advising Center (Transfer Advising Center) in RCB 236 –
- Annette Everett: Associate in Science, Associate in Engineering and Biotechnology
- Alyson Jordan: Associate in Arts- A-K, and Transfer Admission Guaranteed Students
- Joyce Crumpton: Associate in Arts- L-Z and Associate in Fine Arts-Visual Arts
- Joshua Guffey: Early Childhood Education, Associates in General Education, and Special Credit Students
- Career & Technical Education Advising Center in CET 119 –
- Monica Phillips: Accounting, Business Administration (and HR), Supply Chain Management, and Information Technology
- Leah Bochicchio: Medical Office Administration, Office Administration, Paralegal, Broadcasting and Production, Criminal Justice, General Occupational Technology, Textiles, and Public Safety Administration
- Dana Rudisill: Engineering Technologies, Electrical Systems Tech, HVAC, Automotive, Welding, Computer Integrated Machining, Industrial Systems, and Manufacturing Technology
- Health & Human Services Advising Center in DBC 174 –
- Kathleen Fraley/Lee Ann Arrowood/Zach Kendra-Dill: Human Services: Pre-Health- A-K and admitted A-K
- Vondra Leak: Pre-Health- L-Z and admitted L-Z
- Allison Shaw: Human Services Technology, EMS, Health and Fitness Science, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Fire Protection Technology, Pharmacy Tech, and Emergency Management.