Student Advising Resources
Starting in June 2021, academic advising will take place in one of our three divisional advising centers – Arts & Sciences, Career & Technical Education, or Health & Human Services. You will work closely with your assigned academic advisor, as they help you understand your program of study, work with you to create an academic plan, discuss options and resources when you experience difficulties, and see you through to graduation.
We ask that you schedule an appointment with your assigned academic advisor. Appointments are conducted face-to-face on campus, over the phone, and virtually by video conference. We will continue to offer drop-in advising, but without an appointment wait times will vary therefore making an appointment is highly recommended.
You can find your assigned advisor by looking in Aviso, Student Planning in WebAdvisor, or on My Profile in WebAdvisor. Scheduling an appointment with a non-assigned advisor could delay your appointment or cause your appointment to be rescheduled. For Summer 2021, appointments are scheduled between 8:15 a.m.–5:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
- Arts & Sciences Advising Center (Transfer Advising Center) in RCB 236 – Complete their Advising Appointment Request Form to meet with your assigned advisor as listed:
- Tammy McIntyre: Associate in Science, Associate in Engineering and Biotechnology
- Alyson Jordan: Associate in Arts- A-K, and Transfer Admission Guaranteed Students
- Joyce Crumpton: Associate in Arts- L-Z and Associate in Fine Arts-Visual Arts
- Joshua Guffey: Early Childhood Education, Associates in General Education, and Special Credit Students
- Career & Technical Education Advising Center in CET 119 – Complete their Advising Appointment Request Form to meet with your assigned advisor as listed:
- Monica Phillips: Accounting, Business Administration (and HR), Supply Chain Management, and Information Technology
- Leah Bochicchio: Medical Office Administration, Office Administration, Paralegal, Broadcasting and Production, Criminal Justice, General Occupational Technology, Textiles, and Public Safety Administration
- Dana Rudisill: Engineering Technologies, Electrical Systems Tech, HVAC, Automotive, Welding, Computer Integrated Machining, Industrial Systems, and Manufacturing Technology
- Health & Human Services Advising Center in DBC 174 – Complete their Advising Appointment Request Form to meet with your assigned advisor as listed:
- Kathleen Fraley: Pre-Health- A-K and admitted A-K
- Lee Ann Arrowood: Pre-Health- L-Z and admitted L-Z
- Regina Green: Human Services Technology, EMS, Health and Fitness Science, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Fire Protection Technology, Pharmacy Tech, and Emergency Management
In order to submit the Advising Appointment Request Form, you must be able to access your Gaston College email account. Follow this link for guidance and email access instructions.