Do you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university upon graduation from Gaston College? Completing an associate degree at Gaston College before transferring to a four-year university is advantageous. Graduates of Associate in Arts (AA), Associate in Science (AS), Associate in Engineering (AE), Associate in Fine Arts in Visual Arts (AFA-VA), Associate in Arts Teacher Preparation (AATP), Associate in Science Teacher Preparation (ASTP), and Associate in General Education – Nursing (AGE-N) degree programs who have made a C or better in each class will be considered to have fulfilled the institution-wide, general education requirements of the University of North Carolina (UNC) schools and select private/independent colleges in North Carolina and will be admitted with Juniors status. See below for details regarding articulation agreements and co-admission agreements.

University Transfer

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

State Articulation Agreements

The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between North Carolina (NC) community colleges and N.C. public universities. Transfer of credits between NC Community Colleges and select North Carolina private/independent colleges is governed by The North Carolina Independent Articulation Agreement (ICAA).

Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG) Co-Admission Agreements – A Step Beyond the Comprehensive Articulation Agreements

Gaston College has partnered with several four-year colleges and universities to create Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG) Co-Admission agreements which smooth the transfer pathway for students and strengthen the transfer relationship between institutions. Most TAG Co-Admission programs provide students early access and connection to the university advisors, faculty, financial aid counselors, and student life staff during their studies at the community college leading to direct entry admission to the university upon completion of their transfer degree.

For more details, about TAG Co-Admission agreements, click here or use the link on the left.