Certified Production Technician (CPT)
Certified Production Technician (CPT):
The CPT Certification program at Gaston College focuses on the core technical competencies of the entry-level production worker, as well as prepares students for the MSSC-CPT assessments with a focus on safety, quality practices & measurement, manufacturing processes & production, and maintenance awareness.
- Upcoming Sessions:
– Manufacturing, Work-readiness & Safety: April 14 – May 16
– Quality Practices & Measurement: May 23 – June 25
– Manufacturing Processes & Production: July 7- August 8
– Maintenance Awareness: August 18 – September 26
- All sessions held Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6 PM – 9 PM OR Saturdays from 8 AM – 2:30 PM (Saturday sessions includes 30 min lunch break).
- All sessions held at the Dallas Campus
For more information about course topics, click here.
The program is a 20-week course where students will meet with an instructor. During the lecture students may ask questions, participate in online learning, and prepare for each exam. Also, classes may take place in a computer lab to provide students with access to CPT learning resources. Each module consists of 30 hours of classroom learning and 10 hours online.
Students may not miss more than 8 hours of class time in each module to ensure they receive the best preparation for each exam.
NCRC Silver Certificate and ACT Workkeys Math Level 5 is required.
$940 (materials, MSSC testing fee per module, and one-time $60 MSSC program registration fee included).
NOTE: This program is WIOA approved. Please contact your local Workforce Development Board to determine eligibility. Scholarships are also available through Gaston College for those meeting eligibility requirements.
MSSC-CPT Testing and Certification
At the end of each unit, an assessment will be given. Students who pass any of the four exams will be awarded certificates for that module. Furthermore, MSSC will award full Certified Production Technician (CPT) credential for those that pass all four core Production Modules.
What Will I Receive?
- Access to a computer lab on campus
- MSSC Registration
- Four MSSC Exams
- MSSC Certificate for each successful exam
- MSSC will send Full CPT recipients a printed certificate after students pass the final assessment.
It is important for employers to invest in their business. In fact, sharpening the skills of current employees should be at the top of the list. With the Gaston College CPT training, employees will gain a broad understanding of manufacturing and production. As a result, employees that invest in CPT training have experienced reduced turnover, improved teamwork, lower recruitment costs and training.
**For more information fill out the interest form below, contact ConEd@gaston.edu or 704-922-2244**
REQUEST MORE INFORMATION