This course introduces the student to self-defense concepts. It covers the planning, tools, and skills required for effective self-defense. Focused on awareness and preparation a comprehensive self-defense plan seeks to identify and avoid danger and eliminate threats as early as possible. Rather than teaching fighting it teaches de-escalation, avoidance, and threat management. This course is appropriate for both men and women. The instructor Mr. Gilbert has over forty years of training in self-defense, physical security and related topics.
8 hours (4 weeks at 2 hours each Wednesday)
Book – (Self Defense Workbook) $TBD
Dates and Location:
|2/7 – 3/6/24
***Class skip dates are: 2/14
Course Meeting Location(s)
DSC (Dalpiaz Building, Dallas Campus) Dallas Campus Map
- Click on the following link and follow instructions as listed: CE Registration Link
- Reminder: In the Course Code Number field, enter a single keyword (Defense). No additional information is required.
Notes when using Online registration
- If you have an address change, name change, etc., we will need this updated information so we can contact you in case of a class change/cancellation or refund. Entering different information on the registration form will not update any existing records. If your information has changed, please click here to provide us with a current email address and phone number if it has changed since first enrolling at Gaston College or you may call the Registration Department at 704-922-6232.
- Underage students (16 and 17-year-old) are not eligible for online registration/payment, but may contact the program area responsible for the class to discuss the registration procedure. Credit card payments will only be accepted with Online and Walk In registration.
- You cannot DROP/WITHDRAW from classes using Self-Service. If you need to drop or withdraw prior the class start date, please contact the Registration Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CE Registration Department
MYERS CENTER – 2nd floor
201 Highway 321 South, Dallas, NC 28034
Monday – Thursday: 8 am-5 pm; Fridays 8 am-11 am
Dallas Campus Map
If a student officially drops from a class or classes before the 10 percent date of the class(es), a 75 percent tuition refund will be given for the class(es) dropped. A 100% refund will be made if the student drops from the class prior to the class start date. No refunds will be given after the 10 percent date. If a course fails to materialize, refunds are automatically processed. (The refund policy is subject to change. Refunds of tuition will be issued in accordance with the current state and college policy.)To request a refund or transfer, please email email@example.com.
“Like” us on Facebook “EWD Facebook Page” to receive updates on new and existing class offerings.
If you have further questions, please contact us at ConEd@gaston.edu.