Motorcycle Safety Program
Thank you for your interest in the Motorcycle Basic Rider Course at Gaston College. The information you requested can be found below.
Learn to control your motorcycle and reduce the risks involved in riding. Although the DMV motorcycle skills test will be waived, the course does not exempt each applicant from taking the required North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles written test. Some insurance companies give a discount upon successful completion of the class.
Course Meeting Information:
Must attend all 22 hours in order to complete the course.
Motorcycle Safety Program Schedule
Days: Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday
August 2017 – November 2017
|Dates||TH Date||TH Time||TH Location||SSU Dates||SSU Time||SSU Location|
|09/07-09/10||09/07||6P-10P||DSC 214||09/09-09/10||8A-6P||AHS 100|
|09/21-09/24||09/21||6P-10P||DSC 214||09/23-09/24||8A-6P||AHS 100|
|10/12-10/15||10/12||6P-10P||DSC 214||10/14-10/15||8A-6P||AHS 100|
|10/26-10/29||10/26||6P-10P||DSC 214||10/28-10/29||8A-6P||AHS 100|
Course Cost: $187.00
- Online: Go to Gaston College WebAdvisor, under the gold Registration bar click Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes then Search For (Key Word) textbox type in motor and click Submit at the bottom of the webpage. Select the class you wish to take using the check box on the left side of the table, click Submit, and complete the requested information.
Notes when using Online registration: If you have an address change, name change, etc., we will need this updated information so we can contact you in case of a class change/cancellation or refund. Entering different information on the registration form will not update any existing records. If your information has changed, please call the Registration Department at 704-922-6252 or 704-922-6496.
Online registration is not an option for all classes, or if the course fee will be waived. Underage students (16 and 17 year olds) are not eligible for online registration/payment, but may contact the program area responsible for the class to discuss the registration procedure. Credit card payments will only be accepted with Online and Walk In registration. You cannot DROP/WITHDRAW from classes using WebAdvisor. If you need to drop or withdraw prior the class start date, please contact the Registration Department at 704.922.6252 or 704.922.6496.
- Walk-in: CE Registration Department, Myers Center – 2nd floor, 201 Highway 321 South, Dallas, NC 28034. Monday through Thursday: 8:00A-4:00P, Friday: 8:00A-3:00P.
Registration Note: No refunds or registration transfers will be allowed after 9 a.m. on the Monday prior to the class start date.
- Students should be at least 16 years old.
- It is recommended that all students have some practice balancing on a motorcycle prior to the class.
What to bring:
- Your personal DOT-Approved helmet (some loaner helmets are available)
- Eye protection, such as sunglasses
- Long-sleeved shirt and denim or other heavy material pants should be worn. Sleeves must be kept down at all times, per Motorcycle Safety Foundation rules.
- Over the ankle boots
- Full-finger gloves
- Rain gear (if needed). Class is held rain or shine.
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed in the classroom on Saturday and Sunday only.
You must call before 9:00 AM on the Monday before your class to be entitled to a refund or transfer. The certified rider/coaches are authorized to remove anyone from the course who might pose a danger to themselves or others. We do not anticipate this happening. Additionally, no visitors are allowed on the range. Please do not invite anyone to come and watch, especially minors.
“Like” us on Facebook Gaston College Motorcycle Safety