Truck Driver Training
The total cost for class tuition is $1,999.00
There are additional costs to obtain your DOT Physical, Drug Screen, Class A CDL Permit, and Class A CDL License, these fees are not included in the total cost for tuition. The cost of the DOT Physical and Drug Screen will vary by the healthcare agency of choice. The cost of the Class A CDL Permit is $64.75, and the Class A CDL License is $107.50 by the NCDMV.
2024 Class A-CDL Truck Driver Training Schedule
The above classes are 9-weeks long, and meet on Monday-Wednesday at 8am-5:30pm, on Thursday at 8am-3:30pm, and on Friday Online.
Classes are held at International Express Trucking, Inc. 1201 E Church St, Cherryville, NC
The total cost for class tuition is $1,999.00. There are additional costs to obtain your DOT Physical, DOT Drug Screen, Class A CDL Permit, and Class A CDL License, these fees are not included in the total cost for tuition. The cost of the DOT Physical and DOT Drug Screen will vary by the healthcare agency of choice. The cost of the Class A CDL Permit is $64.75, and the Class A CDL License is $107.50 by the NCDMV.
- Attend the required orientation session.
- Class A CDL Permit from the DMV is required by the second week of class.
- The Class A CDL Permit is needed to complete the range and road driving part of the class.
- Must hold a valid Driver’s License with no limiting restrictions.
- One of the following, High School Diploma or GED or pass a Reading Placement Test.
- If needed, to schedule the test, email CDL@gaston.edu.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Pass a DOT Physical and hold a valid 1-year minimum DOT medical card.
- Proof of medical card must be turned in on the first day of class.
- Pass a DOT Drug Screen within 30 days of the first day of class.
- Proof of negative drug screen results must be turned in on the first day of class.
How to Register for the Required Orientation
- Email CDL@gaston.edu requesting to register for the required orientation session. Please include your phone number in the email request. In a couple of weeks, you will receive a confirmation email that will provide you with the date, time, and location to attend the orientation session.
- The orientation session covers the information needed to register for the class.
Tuition Payment Process
- Payments must be in the form of a cashier’s check or money order.
- You many pay by one of the following options:
- Option 1 – Pay in Full:
- $1,999 paid in full on day of registration
- Option 2 – Payment Plan:
- $529 payment due on day of registration
- $735 payment due on the first day of class
- $735 payment due on the 5th week of class
- Option 1 – Pay in Full:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you offer weekend or night classes? No.
- Does Financial Aid (FAFSA) cover this class? No.
- Do you offer Scholarships? You must pay for the class. If scholarship funds are available, you will be given the opportunity to apply. If approved, the funds will be paid separately by the end of the class.
- Do you do job placement? We work with many major carriers and local trucking companies that will hire our graduates. Recruiters from these companies also visit our classes.