Payment Plans (FACTS)
NELNET Tuition Management
NELNET Campus Commerce is a third-party tuition payment plan offered as a service by Gaston College. It is a way for students to pay for tuition, fees, and books using a monthly withdrawal from a checking or savings account or a monthly charge to a credit card. The down payment amount and the number of payments depend on how early one enrolls for the plan. The earlier one enrolls, the smaller the payments and the longer you have to pay. The amount of each payment will depend on the amount of your tuition and fees charged and your financial aid award, if any.
The cost to enroll in the interest-free monthly payment plan is $25 per semester. The fee is a non-refundable enrollment fee that is charged by NELNET to use their service. The College does not charge an additional fee. Service charges are collected by NELNET for all payment plans using a credit card. There are no services charges for using the Automatic Clearing House (ACH) method with a checking or savings account. NELNET charges a $30 nonrefundable returned payment fee if a payment is returned. The returned payment fee is paid to NELNET and not to the College.
You may finance your tuition, fees, and books using ACH or a credit card. ACH payments are those payments you have authorized NELNET to process directly with your financial institution. It is simply a bank-to-bank transfer of funds that you have pre-authorized for your expenses at Gaston College. Credit card payments are those payments you have pre-authorized NELNET to process against your credit card. Credit card payments will incur a service fee for each payment and NELNET will charge the credit card as you have pre-authorized. The down payment and NELNET fee will be withdrawn/charged immediately upon enrolling in the payment plan. Monthly payments are processed on the 5th or 20th of each month depending on the date selected by the student and will continue until the balance is paid in full. NELNET uses real-time posting. Your original NELNET payment plan will automatically adjust if you have schedule changes such as adding or dropping a class, financial aid award changes, or if you add books to your payment plan. NELNET payment plans are automatically adjusted to reflect your actual amount due. You will be notified via email of any changes made. This could increase or decrease your scheduled payments so be sure to read all emails received from NELNET.
Enrollment in NELNET is easy and completed online. To enroll you must have a checking or savings account or a credit card, an email account, and your student ID number.
If you choose to enroll with NELNET, you agree to the following:
- NELNET agreements are valid only for one semester. You must enroll in NELNET each semester.
- Enrollment in NELNET is open until the stated last day to pay for the semester and will reopen for late enrollment for a short period.
- You must be enrolled in NELNET by the stated last day to pay for the semester, or you will be deregistered from classes. Please be aware of payment deadlines. Confirmed enrollment in the NELNET payment plan places an automatic “Do Not Purge” hold on your student account preventing you from dropping/unenrolling from classes. Please note that if a payment plan is terminated by NELNET, the “Do Not Purge” will be removed immediately.
- Enrollment deadlines and any down payment requirements are posted in the NELNET Tuition Payment Plan brochure available at the Business Office.
- Any applicable down payment will be automatically deducted from your account IMMEDIATELY. A $25.00 per semester, nonrefundable NELNET enrollment fee will also be taken out immediately.
- Returned payments are subject to a $30 returned payment fee assessed by NELNET.
- Down payments or enrollment fees returned for any reason will result in NELNET terminating your agreement. You will need to re-enroll in this service. Please plan accordingly.
- NELNET uses real-time posting. Your original NELNET payment plan will automatically adjust if you have schedule changes such as adding or dropping a class, financial aid award changes, or if you add books to your payment plan. NELNET payment plans are automatically adjusted to reflect your actual amount due. You will be notified via email of any changes made. This could increase or decrease your scheduled payments so be sure to read all emails received from NELNET.
- Enrollees will be notified of changes through email using the email address given to NELNET. If other changes are needed to your agreement, you can contact the Business Office within ten (10) working days before the next scheduled payment date.
- Some students enroll in the payment plan while waiting for financial aid processing. NELNET will reduce your planned payments once financial aid is showing as pending on your student account. It will only reduce your payments by the amount of the financial aid award you are expected to receive. You will receive an email from NELNET once your account is adjusted showing your new monthly payment amount(s.)
- You may add books to your NELNET payment plan during the Fall and Spring semesters only. To do this, stop by the Business Office to receive a book voucher to use in our Bookstore. This will increase the amount of your total amount due and NOT the number of payments. You can only add books to your payment plan after the down payment and NELNET enrollment fees have been debited from your bank account or charged to your credit card. The Business Office will check to ensure there is a valid payment plan in place before issuing a book voucher.
Begin NELNET Payment Plan Registration
Once logged in, under Financial Information, click on “Create/Manage NELNET Payment Plan” then click the “Proceed to Processor” button.
*To access your NELNET account after enrolling, please go to www.mypaymentplan.com.