Payments for tuition and fees are due to the Business Office and must be received by the stated deadline (day and time) for each semester in order to be officially registered. If you register during late registration, tuition and fee payments are due the day you register. Failure to pay by the stated deadline will result in you being dropped from your class, and you will be ineligible to attend class or receive grades. You must pay by the stated deadline to be officially registered.
You are considered officially registered if you have:
- Paid in full (account balance is $0)
- Pending Financial Aid (as shown on your student account)
- Enrolled in a Payment Plan
Any amount posted to your student account, in excess of the amount due, will be refunded directly to you via check.
Financial Aid is not posted and Financial Aid refunds are not processed until after the stated add/drop period for the semester ends. Once your aid is posted to your student account, you should receive your refund within 14 days if you have a credit balance.
If a class fails to materialize, refunds are automatically processed.
Once you register, you must complete the procedure to officially drop/withdraw if you do not plan to attend.
- A 100% refund of tuition and fees will be made if you officially withdraw prior to the first day of the semester.
- A 75% refund of tuition will be made if you officially withdraw between the first day of the semester and the stated last day to drop for the semester.
- No refund will be made if you officially withdraw after the stated last day to drop.
Regardless of when you officially withdraw, you are still responsible for any fees and/or balance remaining on your account.
Continuing Education Courses:
If a student officially withdraws from a class prior to the first class meeting, a full refund will be given. A 75% refund will be given if a student officially withdraws before the 10% point of the class. A full refund is given for classes canceled by the college because of insufficient enrollments. Refunds of self-supported courses may be made if adequate course fees remain to cover all course expenses.
Returned Check Policy:
A $25 charge will be added to your account if a check is returned by your financial institution for any reason. Gaston College will not accept a check from anyone who has previously presented a check that was returned for any reason.
Any check returned for stop payment or drawn on a closed account, and not paid in full within 14 days of notification, may result in the incident being submitted to the Magistrate for criminal prosecution as specified by North Carolina General Statutes.
- Transcripts will not be given to any student with a past-due balance.
- Unofficial transcripts are available free of charge.
- Official transcripts are available for $7 each.
- Payments for official transcripts can be made by cash, check, money order, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, or American Express.