NC Longleaf Commitment Grant
Eligible 2022 NC high school graduates could have tuition and fees covered for up to two years at GC!
Through the North Carolina Longleaf Commitment Grant, eligible students enrolling full-time at Gaston College for Fall 2022 can receive $700 to $2,800 per year. These grants (money that would not have to be repaid) are for Class of 2022 North Carolina high school graduates to use for tuition and fees toward a degree or for transfer credit.
- Be a 2022 North Carolina high school graduate attending Gaston College for the 2022-2023 academic year
- Enroll for at least 6 credit hours per semester in a curriculum program
- Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from $0 – $15,000 as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aide (FAFSA)
- Meet GC’s Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements
Steps to Receive the Longleaf Commitment Grant at GC
1. Establish NC Residency
To be eligible for in-state tuition and various types of state and federal funding, you must show that you are a current resident of North Carolina.
2. Apply to Gaston College
You must apply for admission to Gaston College to be considered for this grant. You can complete your application online through CFNC.
3. Complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA
To determine your award eligibility for this grant, as well as other sources of financial aid, you need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The 2023-2024 FAFSA must be completed for students that wish to continue their Longleaf Commitment Grant into the 2023-2024 academic year.
Eligible full-time students will receive a minimum grant of $700 to $2,800 per year for two years. Award amounts will be adjusted for part-time students based on the total number of credits enrolled per semester.