Explore Your Degree Options
With an associate degree from Gaston College in one of these areas, you will be equipped to immediately begin a career as a programmer, database manager, network specialist, website designer and many other jobs in the growing field of Information Technology.
Many students are not exactly sure what area of IT they want to specialize in when they apply to the program. Others have some idea, but quickly find out they are more interested or gifted in a different track. Each student will get an idea of what the other concentrations have to offer as a part of building a well-rounded IT foundation when they begin their degree. If you want to change your focus to another track in your second semester, you will not lose any ground to make that switch.
Flexibility to Fit Your Needs in Life Right Now
Most of our students are juggling many responsibilities at home and with a job as they begin taking courses. We have developed different class options so you can make pursuing this degree work with your other commitments.
Most of our IT programs have a completely online option for students! Don’t let finances or a busy schedule stand in the way of earning the degree you want for an enjoyable career where you will succeed. Gaston College has an affordable, flexible option to get you started.
Other Benefits of the IT Programs at Gaston College
Discover many other benefits of our IT program, including:
- A close working relationship with your professors who take the time to get to know you as well as your education and career goals. We are student-focused and here to help you succeed!
- We will also prepare you for professional certifications. You will have the opportunity to take certification exams at no additional charge before you graduate from Gaston College.
- You will get practical, hands-on experience with your degree which you can immediately put to use on the job.
Keep Exploring Your Options and Opportunities
These are only some of the highlights of what the IT programs at Gaston College have to offer you. If you are someone who likes problem-solving, critical thinking, and new challenges each day, the IT field may be an excellent fit for you.
Download Your Free IT Program Guide!
Programs of Study
For more information, including a description of the program, Program Learning Outcomes, and the requirements to earn an associate degree and/or a certificate, click on the program name below.
Associate of Applied Science
- Information Technology – Applications Development, A.A.S (A25590AD)
- Information Technology – Data Analytics and Database Management, A.A.S. (A25590DA)
- Information Technology – Digital Media, A.A.S. (A25590DM)
- Information Technology – Information Systems Support, A.A.S. (A25590IS)
- Information Technology – Networking and Cyber Defense, A.A.S. (A25590NS)
Dr. Mark Shellman, Program Chair
Dan Gore, Faculty
Kelly Hinson, Faculty
Linc Pauley, Faculty
Angie Rudd, Faculty
Dr. Sharlene Smith, Faculty
Jimmy Warren, Faculty