Gaston College uses an alert service that notifies the campus community if an emergency situation occurs or is imminent. The service provides important information to your gaston.edu email account and, if you entered your mobile phone information, as a text message to your mobile phone. Because text to a mobile phone is limited in size, the email will often contain additional information.
You can add up to two additional email addresses, up to three mobile cellphone numbers, and up to three landline telephone numbers to your personal profile in RAVE/GCAlert system. You may also add to your personal profile in RAVE contact information for a family member, guardian, or close friend. You may sign-up for RAVE/GCAlert if you are:
- Full-time temporary or regular faculty
- Part-time curriculum instructors
- Full or part-time regular staff
- Part-time temporary staff
- All curriculum students
How do I register for RAVE/GC Alert?
- Click here to register.
- Type in your username, which is your Gaston College email address. (For employees, this is typically the firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Click “Forgot your Password?” which will take you to the “Forgot your password? page.
- Type your Gaston College email address, then click Submit.
- On the Success page, click “OK”.
- You will receive an email from email@example.com with the Subject “Rave Password Reset Authorization”.
- Click the “Reset” link.
- On the “Reset Password” page, type your username and new password.
- Login with your username and new Password.
- On the “My Account” page, you will be able to set your password and update your personal profile with additional contact information.
- On the “Opt-In Lists”, you will need to Subscribe to “GC Alerts – SMS Opt In” in order to receive text messages. You can also Opt-In to other Lists.
If you did not receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org after following the steps above, please check your spam folder.
Please note that in addition to GC Alert, the College also uses a variety of other notification methods such as Public Address (PA System), website, and College email.
Emergency Numbers and Locations
- Emergency – 911
- Campus Police (all campuses) – 704.922.6480
Dallas Campus (Main Office)
Comer Engineering Technology Building