Campus Police encourages you to review the following safety and security information:
- Program the Campus Police telephone number into your cell phone 704.922.6480.
- In the event of an emergency, contact Campus Police at 704.922.6480 and/or dial 911.
- If you “See Something, Say Something.” Report to Campus Police behaviors or suspicious packages that leave you feeling concerned, worried, or alarmed.
- Sign up for GC Alert, Gaston College’s Emergency Notification System, which can be accessed on the Campus Police and Safety webpage.
- In addition to GC Alert, the College also has an emergency PA system throughout its campuses, so remember to listen for special safety-related announcements and instructions that may be communicated over the PA system.
- Familiarize yourself with the various emergency situations and responses highlighted in the Emergency Response Guide (ERG).
Lockdown (Run. Hide. Fight.)
Learn the response for a Lockdown. Lockdowns are ordered when there is a potential or present threat on campus such an active shooter. If a lockdown is ordered, remember Run, Hide, or Fight.
• Have an escape route and plan in mind.
• Leave your belongings behind.
• Keep your hands visible.
• Hide in an area out of the shooter’s view.
• Lock and barricade doors, shut off lights, and close window blinds.
• Take cover, stay out of sight, and remain quiet.
• Silence your cell phone and/or pager.
• Remain hidden until otherwise notified by emergency responders.
• As a last resort and only when your life is in imminent danger.
• Attempt to incapacitate the shooter.
• Act with physical aggression and throw items at the active shooter.
- Emergency Preparedness and Lockdown
- Emergency Response Guide (ERG)
- RUN.HIDE. FIGHT.® Surviving an Active Shooter Event – English (video)
Emergency Numbers and Locations
- Emergency – 911
- Campus Police (all campuses) – 704.922.6480
Dallas Campus (Main Office)
Comer Engineering Technology Building