Gaston College Scholarship Opportunities for 2017-2018
Now is the time to apply for scholarships for the Gaston College 2017-2018 academic year. Here is some important information you’ll need to get started.
Do I have to complete the FAFSA to be considered for scholarships?
- To be considered for a Gaston College scholarship opportunity, a FAFSA must be on file in the Financial Aid Office.
- Please click here to complete a FAFSA.
When are scholarship applications accepted in Academic Works?
- Scholarship applications are accepted beginning March 1 and will be accepted throughout the year. Applications received by April 30th will have priority consideration for scholarship awards. Applications received after that date will be considered as funds are available.
How do I apply for scholarships?
- Click here to apply.
- Previous user, click the Sign-In button to log on.
- First-time users, click the Sign-Up button to register for a scholarship account.
- Your @mymail.gaston.edu email address will be required to log on to the scholarship system.
- A password is required to sign-up for an account. Please note the password is required to be exactly 8 characters long and contain at least 1 digit, 1 uppercase letter, and 1 lowercase letter.
- Upon signing up, you will receive a confirmation email to ensure your identity. Please make sure to check your spam folder for this email. Once you have confirmed your account, you can begin accessing the system.
- Complete the General Application to be considered for most scholarship opportunities.
- Apply for additional scholarship opportunities that have additional criteria and questions.
How will I know that I have successfully completed my application?
- You will receive a prompt if the General Scholarship Application has been successfully completed.
- Incomplete General Scholarship Applications will not be accepted.
- Required questions are marked with an asterisk (“*”).
Can I edit my application after it has been successfully submitted?
- Yes, previously submitted applications can be edited.
When will the award decisions be made and how will I be notified?
- Scholarship award notifications will begin approximately May 15th for applicants.
- Email is the official tool Gaston College uses to provide scholarship award notifications.
- Check your Gaston College student email regularly for updates.
After I have been notified that I have been awarded a scholarship, how do I accept it?
- If you are awarded a scholarship, an offer will be included as part of your notification email.
- You will be prompted to accept a scholarship offer in the email that is sent to you.
Are there additional requirements for accepting a scholarship offer?
- Awarded funds will not be applied to your account until a Thank You Letter is received by the Gaston College Financial Aid Office for each accepted scholarship.
- The deadline to submit the Thank You Letter is August 1.
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend the Scholarship Banquet in November 2017.