Gaston College Scholarship Opportunities for 2022-2023
Now is the time to apply for scholarships for the Gaston College 2022-2023 academic year. Here is some important information you’ll need to get started.
Do I have to complete the FAFSA to be considered for scholarships?
- To be considered for a Gaston College scholarship opportunity, a FAFSA must be on file in the Financial Aid Office.
- Complete the 2022-2023 FAFSA application.
When are scholarship applications accepted in Academic Works/Blackbaud Award Management?
- Scholarship applications are accepted beginning March 1 and will be accepted throughout the year. Applications received by April 30th will have priority consideration for scholarship awards. Applications received after that date will be considered as funds are available.
How do I apply for scholarships?
- Apply for Gaston College Scholarships
- List of Gaston College Foundation Scholarships
- Previous user, click the Sign-In button to log on.
- First-time users, click the Sign-Up button to register for a scholarship account.
- Your @mymail.gaston.edu email address will be required to log on to the scholarship system.
- A password is required to sign-up for an account. Please note the password is required to be exactly 8 characters long and contain at least 1 digit, 1 uppercase letter, and 1 lowercase letter.
- Upon signing up, you will receive a confirmation email to ensure your identity. Please make sure to check your spam folder for this email. Once you have confirmed your account, you can begin accessing the system.
- Complete the General Application to be considered for most scholarship opportunities.
- Apply for additional scholarship opportunities that have additional criteria and questions.
How will I know that I have successfully completed my application?
- You will receive a prompt if the General Scholarship Application has been successfully completed.
- Incomplete General Scholarship Applications will not be accepted.
- Required questions are marked with an asterisk (“*”).
Can I edit my application after it has been successfully submitted?
- Yes, previously submitted applications can be edited.
When will the award decisions be made and how will I be notified?
- Scholarship award notifications will begin approximately May 15th for applicants.
- Email is the official tool Gaston College uses to provide scholarship award notifications.
- Check your Gaston College student email regularly for updates.
After I have been notified that I have been awarded a scholarship, how do I accept it?
- If you are awarded a scholarship, an offer will be included as part of your notification email.
- You will be prompted to accept a scholarship offer in the email that is sent to you.
Are there additional requirements for accepting a scholarship offer?
- Awarded funds will not be applied to your account until a Thank You Letter is received by the Gaston College Foundation Office for each accepted scholarship.
- The deadline to submit the Thank You Letter is August 1.
- Scholarship recipients are required to attend the Scholarship Banquet in November.
There are numerous organizations that offer scholarships. Some of these scholarships are based on academics, county of residency, field of study, need, etc. You should search and apply for these outside scholarships independently. Several websites have been listed below to help get you started in your quest for these scholarships. No student should ever have to pay money to fill out a scholarship application.
The application deadlines vary and may not match the deadline of the Gaston College Foundation Scholarships.
Samuel M. Taylor Memorial Life Sciences Scholarship/NCBioNetwork.org – NC Residents need to complete the scholarship application and submit to The Financial Aid Office, 2nd Floor of the Myers Center, by Monday, July 25.
Pacific Medical Training Essay Contest – $1000 Scholarship for Healthcare Students
Nursing Scholarships for LGBTQ and Other Students
Scholarships for High School Senior Graduates
Nordson BUILDS Scholarships
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Scholarship – Deadline March 1
Richard Sheltra Memorial Foundation Scholarship – Deadline May 20
New Silver Scholarship – Deadline July 31
Financial Resources for Hispanics and Latinos
Imagine Dragons Origins Scholarship $2500 – Immigrants, Refugees, First-Generation Students
Beauty and Wellness Professionals Scholarship $2500
WiseGeek Multiple Scholarships
The CE Shop Scholarship $1000
The “Save a Life” Scholarship for Healthcare and Education Students
Drew Lewis PC $1000 Scholarship
PBR Scholarship – $5000 – Deadline December 31
Gaston Community Foundation
Scholarship Guide for Hispanic and Latino Students
PixelPlex $2000 Bi-Annual Stem Scholarship
Patient Care Medical Scholarship – Deadline December 1
The Financial Literacy Scholarship $2500
Iconic Jewelry $1200 Majoring in Design, Arts or Fashion
Andersen Nontraditional Scholarship for Women’s Education and Retraining (ANSWER)
College Avenue’s $1000 Monthly Scholarship Sweepstakes
Course Hero Scholarships
Early Childhood Education Scholarships
$2500 Rover Scholarship
The Huggable Supermom Scholarship
Hispanic & Latinx
Asian & Pacific Islander
The Army Women’s Foundation Legacy Scholarship
Hispanic Scholarship Fund
United Negro College Fund
Gates Millennium Scholars Program
Coca-Cola Scholars Scholarship
Women’s Independence Scholarship Program, Inc.
College Foundation of NC Scholarship Wizard (CFNC)
Foundation for the Carolinas
The Community Foundation of Gaston Co., Inc
Gaston County Schools Online Scholarships
My College Options
The Golden Leaf (LEAF) Scholars Program – The LEAF grant will provide up to $2250 annually for curriculum students and up to $1850 annually for workforce continuing education students. The scholarships help cover the cost of tuition, fees, books, supplies, credentialing tests, transportation, childcare and other components of the total cost of attendance for fall, spring, and summer semesters. Eligible students must be a North Carolina resident, demonstrate financial need and reside in a rural county that is tobacco dependent, or economically destressed, as determined ty the Golden LEAF Foundation.
The William G. & Hazel Hardin Education Scholarship Deadline March 7, 2022. For up to $750 per year. It is designed to provide financial assistance for graduating high school seniors, current college students full-time or part-time who are pursuing a degree in preschool, elementary or secondary education. For residents of Gaston, Randolph or Richmond counties. Based on character, academic achievement, financial need and desire to work with children.
Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Scholarship This is a $4000 semester scholarship for those whose lives have been impacted by cancer.
State Employees Credit Union “People Helping People” Scholarship
The SECU Foundation established this two-year scholarship program, providing two scholarships to each North Carolina Community College. Recipients must be NC residents and US citizens with demonstrated need. Scholarship recipients in good academic standing may receive the scholarship up to a maximum of four (4) consecutive semesters. The deadline to apply is located at https://gaston.academicworks.com. Recipients are selected by the Gaston College Scholarship Committee.
The State Employees Association of North Carolina (SEANC) Scholarship Foundation This scholarship is for SEANC members, their spouses and their dependent children, It is based on financial need, merit and member only.
Wells Fargo Technical Scholarship
This fund was established through a gift from Wells Fargo Bank to the NC Community College System.
To qualify as a candidate for this scholarship, a person must be full-time student enrolled in the second year of a two-year technical program, must demonstrate financial need and scholastic promise, and must use the scholarship to pay for books, tuition, and transportation. Students may apply online through https://gaston.academicworks.com. The recipient is selected by the Gaston College Scholarship Committee. The deadline to apply is located at https://gaston.academicworks.com.
Anthony Castelli Veteran’s College Scholarship Annual scholarship awarded to a current military veteran or honorably discharged veteran or parent, sibling, child or grandchild of a current or honorably discharged veteran.
Nordson Builds Scholarships ranging from $2,000 to $10,000 are available to students pursuing a major in manufacturing, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), or business disciplines.
Jagannathan Scholarships Deadline is located on the website. Residency restrictions apply and are only for schools in the UNC system.
The SuretyBonds.com Small Business Success Student Scholarship Program is open to students in every state. Applications may only be submitted online. Each student must submit a 500 to 1,000-word essay about “How small business ownership (personal, parent, grandparent, or legal guardian) has shaped you into the person you are today.”