TRiO/Educational Opportunity Center (EOC)
The EOC helps high school graduates by providing information concerning college admission requirements and obtaining financial aid for college. This program also helps high school dropouts to enroll in adult high school alternative education programs. ALL SERVICES are FREE to U.S. Citizens who meet Federal eligibility requirements.
Free EOC Services
The GC-EOC program provides information, advising, and application assistance for enrollment in post-secondary education at NO COST to participants. Individual services provided include:
- Guidance on secondary school re-entry or entry to an Adult High School (AHS) program or a High School Equivalency (HSE) program
- Help in completing applications for college admissions, testing, and financial aid
- Career counseling and workshops
- Academic advice
- College pre-admission counseling
- Specialized assistance for veterans, military affiliated members
- Information on postsecondary education opportunities and student financial assistance
- Specialized assistance for homeless or foster youth
- Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of students
An individual is eligible to participate in our program if they meet the following requirements:
- Is a resident of Gaston or Lincoln County?
- Is a citizen or national of the United States, a permanent resident of the United States or is in the United States for other than a temporary purpose and provides evidence from the Immigration and Naturalization Service of his or her intent to become a permanent resident.
- Is at least 19 years of age. If younger than 19 years of age, we will address this on a case-by-case basis.
214 East Franklin Blvd.
Gastonia, NC 28052
John Canty, EOC Project Director
Ayonna Foster-Johnson, EOC Opportunity Specialist
Lynn Dellinger, EOC Opportunity Specialist, PT
TRiO/Educational Opportunity Center is federally-funded by the U.S. Department of Education in cooperation with Gaston College. Gaston College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.