To sign up for a tutoring session:
Step 2: Follow the link to sign up for tutoring.
To sign up for Student Academic Success Coaching:
Step 2: Follow the link to book a Student Academic Success Coach.
To sign up for a Spanish Language Coach:
Step 2: Follow the link to book a Spanish Language Coach.
Rules of the Learning Center
- Students must be enrolled in Gaston College seeking help for a Gaston College course
- Students may receive up to three hours per week per subject of tutoring per semester
- Students are expected to notify the Learning Center if tutoring appointments are missed. Two missed appointments may result in the student being dropped from the program for the remainder of the semester
The Learning Center program is staffed by paid tutors who have B’s or better in the courses they tutor, and who are recommended by their instructor or the chair of the department in which the course is taught. Tutors are carefully interviewed by the Learning Center Director and Specialist and undergo an initial training period. In addition to being knowledgeable and well-trained, tutors are also chosen for their sensitivity toward students and for their interest in teaching. Students who are not satisfied with their understanding or performance in a course may use this free service. Help is available in the areas of understanding concepts, problem-solving, and study skills. Tutoring services are available not only for the student who is having difficulty in passing a course, but also for those students who want to improve their skills.
Our goals at the Gaston College Learning Center are to:
- Help students become more independent, self-confident, proficient learners
- Provide a safe and proper academic environment for the students of Gaston College
- Provide quality peer tutoring to help students achieve their fullest academic potential
- Provide ongoing training and certification for peer tutors
General tutoring is available on an appointment or a walk-in basis on all 3 campuses
- Dallas Campus- Morris Library Room 212
- Lincoln Campus- Lincoln Classroom Building Room 206
- Kimbrell Campus- KCC 203 (Appt only / special request)
The Learning Center hours of operation are as follows
– Monday 9am – 4pm | 4pm – 11pm *
– Tuesday 9am – 4pm | 4pm – 11pm *
– Wednesday 9am – 4pm | 4pm – 11pm *
– Thursday 9am – 4pm | 4pm – 11pm *
– Friday Closed | *virtual hours only
– Saturday Closed | *virtual hours only
– Sunday Closed | *virtual hours only
- *ONLINE ONLY
Monday through Thursday 11:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday, Saturday, Sunday – Closed
The Learning Center provides limited services on the Kimbrell Campus; for information, contact the Learning Center on the Dallas Campus
If you wish to sign up for tutoring please click the need tutoring tab and follow instructions, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.