- If it has been more than 2 years since you last submitted an application or attended Gaston College, please submit your free general application online
- The following Health Science programs require you to complete additional admission steps and forms*:
- Mail or bring your official high school* transcript showing proof of graduation, GED or AHS transcript to:
Gaston College Office of Admissions 201 Hwy 321 South Dallas, NC 28034
- Download Transcript Request form
- If you have taken classes at other college(s), please submit all official transcript(s).
- Once you submit your transcript or transcript request form, you can check your WebAdvisor account to see when we receive, evaluate and process your transcripts.
- If you intend to apply for financial aid (FAFSA), we must receive your high school transcript before we can process your financial aid application. Note: financial aid is not available for students who have attained a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- As a returning student, we may have your transcript on file. Please contact the Office of Admissions at 704.922.6232 to verify if we have received your transcript(s).
- You must meet prerequisites for any courses you plan to take at Gaston College. Most students take the Accuplacer to determine appropriate course placement. This test is offered free of charge at all three campus locations of Gaston College.
- Preparing and practicing for your placement test is a very important step in the enrollment process, not to mention it can help you save valuable time and money. Visit Testing to learn more about test preparation.
- Once you are ready to test, schedule your test date and time here
- Within the past 5 years, if you have…
Graduated from high school Taken the SAT Taken the ACT Taken the COMPASS or Accuplacer
OR Successfully completed prerequisite courses at another institution
… you may be eligible for a testing waiver!
- Once you have finished placement testing or have been notified that you are waived from testing, you will be given instructions for our online orientation.
- All students new to Gaston College are required to complete the online orientation
- Upon completion of the online orientation, you will be assigned a registration date. This is the first day you will be eligible to register for classes. You may register on your registration date or any day after until the last day of registration for the upcoming semester.