- Submit your free general application online
- You will need to select a program of study (English, Business, etc)
- The following Health Science programs require you to complete additional admission steps and forms*:
- Mail or bring your official high school* transcript showing proof of graduation, GED or AHS transcript to:
Office of Admissions
201 Hwy 321 South
Dallas, NC 28034
*If you have attained an Associate, Bachelor or Master’s degree, you are not required to submit your high school diploma.
- Download High School College Transcript Request
- If you have taken classes at other college(s), please submit all official transcript(s)
- Once you submit your transcript or transcript request form, you can check your Self-Service account to see when we receive, evaluate and process your transcripts
- If you intend to apply for financial aid (FAFSA), we must receive your high school transcript before we can process your financial aid application. Note: financial aid is not available for students who have attained a Bachelor’s degree or higher
- You must meet prerequisites for any courses you plan to take at Gaston College. Most students take the Accuplacer to determine appropriate course placement. This test is offered free of charge at all three campus locations of Gaston College.
- Preparing and practicing for your placement test is a very important step in the enrollment process, not to mention it can help you save valuable time and money. Visit Testing to learn more about test preparation.
- Once you are ready to test, schedule your test date and time here.
- Within the past 5 years, if you have…
Graduated from high school
Taken the SAT
Taken the ACT
Taken the COMPASS or Accuplacer
OR Successfully completed prerequisite courses at another institution
… you may be eligible for a testing waiver!
- Once you have finished placement testing or have been notified that you are waived from testing, you will be given instructions for our online orientation.
- All students new to Gaston College are required to complete the online orientation
- Upon completion of the online orientation, you will be assigned a registration date.
This is the first day you will be eligible to register for classes. You may register on your registration date or any day after until the last day of registration for the upcoming semester.