New Degree, Diploma, Certificate-Seeking Students
- Submit your free general application online. Applications submitted are valid for two years. Click here to apply.
- The following Health Science programs require you to complete
additional admission steps and forms*:Cosmetology
Health & Fitness Science
*Submitting an application to one of the Health Science programsdoes not guarantee admission.
- Mail or bring your official high school transcript showing proof of graduation, GED or AHS transcript to:
Office of Admissions
201 Hwy 321 South
Dallas, NC 28034
- Download Transcript Request form
- Once you submit your transcript request form, you can check your WebAdvisor account to see when we receive and process it.
- If you intend to apply for financial aid (FAFSA), we must receive your transcript before we can process your financial aid application.
- You must meet prerequisites for any courses you plan to take at Gaston College. Most students take the Accuplacer to determine appropriate course placement. This test is offered free of charge at all three campus locations of Gaston College.
- Preparing and practicing for your placement test is a very important step in the enrollment process, not to mention it can help you save valuable time and money. Visit Testing to learn more about test preparation. Test preparation materials are available here.
- Once you are ready to test, schedule your test date and time here
- If you have…
Graduated from high school
Taken the SAT
Taken the ACT
Taken the COMPASS or Accuplacer
…within the past 5 years, you may be eligible for a testing waiver!
- If you have…
- Once you have finished placement testing or have been notified that you are waived from testing, you will be given instructions for our online orientation.
- All new students are required to complete the online orientation
- Upon completion of the orientation, you will be assigned a registration date. This is the first day you will be eligible to register for classes. You may register on your registration date or any day after until the last day of registration for the upcoming semester.