How to Apply
Take the Following Steps to Apply
- After your application for admission has been submitted, you should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) using our school code 002973.
- Please see the Seven Easy Steps to the FAFSA: A student’s guide to the Free Application for Federal Student Aid tutorial.
- You must submit an official high school, GED, or adult high school transcript to the Admissions Office prior to being awarded. High schools must be regionally accredited.
- If you are interested in Gaston College Foundation scholarships, you may apply online through AcademicWorks/Blackbaud Award Management each year during March-April.
- If you are interested in Work-Study, you should submit an application online or in the Financial Aid Office.
We award financial assistance to curriculum students in the form of scholarships, grants, and work-study programs.
Gaston College currently does not participate in the Federal Direct Loan program or with the various private loan servicers; however, the staff in the Financial Aid Office is available to answer questions regarding loans and debt management.
You may request a shopping sheet from the Financial Aid and VA Office to compare the costs of attending our college with other institutions.
Our Cosmetology Diploma Program is considered a clock hour program. Students enrolling in the program for the first time will have their federal aid disbursed based on clock hours (actual time in class/lab/salon), not on semester hour credit. For more detailed information, please contact us at 704-922-6227.