Motorcycle Basic Rider Course – Three Wheel
This is a basic, entry-level, learn-to-ride 3-wheel motorcycle training and education course. It provides the same fundamental skills as the MSF Basic Rider Course, but on 3-wheel, 3-track motorcycles (not sidecars). Rider Coaches who have been trained and certified by the MSF conduct the course, which consists of both classroom and hands-on instruction including classroom instruction, riding exercises and a knowledge and skill test. A completion card and a DMV Skills Test License Waiver will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Course Meeting Information
(Must attend all 16 hours in order to complete the course)
Course Meeting Location
AHS-100 (Motorcycle Classroom Building behind Ashbrook High School) Motorcycle Range Map
Course Cost $99.00
Visit/Click the following link to be directed to the Can-am website for registration and payment:
- Select North Carolina as the state and Dallas as the location
Students must be at least 16 years old.
Students under 18 must have a signed waiver form from a parent or guardian.
What to bring
- Your personal DOT-Approved helmet – Required
- Eye protection, such as sunglasses – Required
- Long-sleeved shirt and denim or other heavy material pants should be worn. Sleeves must be kept down at all times, per Motorcycle Safety Foundation rules. – Required
- Over the ankle boots – Required
- Full-finger gloves – Required
- Rain gear (if needed). Class is held rain or shine
- Food and non-alcoholic beverages are allowed on the motorcycle range
Can-Am has a NO REFUND POLICY for program registration fees. Rescheduling of Motorcycle Safety courses may be allowed if notification is received at least 24 hours prior to class. If you miss your class or are late, no refund will be issued, but a one-time transfer may be allowed to the next available class.
Our certified rider/coaches are authorized to remove anyone from the course who might pose a danger to themselves or others. We do not anticipate this happening.
Additionally, no visitors are allowed on the range. Please do not invite anyone to come and watch, especially minors.
For more information, please email us at ConEd@gaston.edu.