Requirements & Application Steps
How do you know if the apprenticeship program is right for you?
While the Apprenticeship 321 program offers students opportunities across a range of fields, there are some general characteristics that you can use as a guide to know if you will be happy and successful in an apprenticeship.
- Do you enjoy science, or math, or technology?
- Do you like to work with others on a team?
- Do you like working with your hands?
- Do you arrive at school on time and complete assignments on time?
If you can answer yes to these questions, an apprenticeship may be just the path for you!
If you would like to apply for an apprenticeship or youth apprenticeship, follow the steps below.
A step you can take to better prepare for an apprenticeship after high school is participating in a youth apprenticeship as a junior or senior. Students take classes at Gaston College in the College Now program or in their school’s CTE program and earn a special credential. Requirements for youth apprenticeship include:
- You must be 16 years of age
- You can apply anytime between the last semester of sophomore year to the first semester of senior year (rolling admission process)
- You must be in good academic standing with a high school GPA of 2.5 or higher
- You need a good citizenship record
- Willingness to commit to the youth apprenticeship program
- Recommendations by at least two school personnel (e.g. teachers or school counselor).
- Good attendance record
Learn More or Apply for Youth Apprenticeship
To learn more or apply for a youth apprenticeship, talk to your school’s career development coordinator.
Learn More or Apply for Apprenticeship
For more information about the apprenticeship program or how to apply, contact Tanya Osbia, Success Coach, Gaston College, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 704.922.2313.