New Student Advising
Advising Linked to Success
The majority of new students are advised their first semester in the Counseling Center. All new students should plan to visit with an advisor before registering for classes. Advising has been linked to greater student success, so visit with an advisor today!
Registration during COVID-19
To make advising and registration for Summer 2020 run as smoothly as possible for you, please use the appropriate link below:
- New Students – Complete the Advising Appointment Request Form in order to request an advising appointment through the Counseling and Advising Center or Transfer Advising Center.
- Returning Transfer Students – Complete the Advising Appointment Request Form in order to request an advising appointment through the Transfer Advising Center.
- Returning Pre-Health Students – Complete the Advising Appointment Request Form in order to request an advising appointment through the Counseling and Advising Center.
- All Other Returning Students – Email your program advisor, unless you are changing your major. You can find your program advisor under “My Profile” in WebAdvisor.
In order to submit the Advising Appointment Request Form, you must be able to access your Gaston College email account. Follow this link for guidance and email access instructions.
New Students Advised in Counseling Center
New students are advised in the Counseling Center for the following programs:
- Pre-Medical Assisting
- Pre-Nursing (LPN)
- Pre-Nursing (RN)
- Pre-LPN to RN track
- Pre-Veterinary Medical Technology
- Health Transfer
- Special Credit/Non-Degree seeking
New Students Advised Outside of Counseling Center
We Do Not advise new students in the following programs of study. Please contact these departments directly.
- Basic Law Enforcement – Melanie Hoyle 704-922-6531
- Cosmetology – Kim Warwick 704-922-6379
- Dietetic – Peggy Grigg 704-922-6377
- Esthetics – Kim Warwick 704-748-6249
- Fire Protection Technology/Emergency Management – Ann Davis, 704-922-6256 & William Thompson, 704-922-2360
- Emergency Medical Science – Lisa Green 704-922-6241 or Kent Spitler 704-922-6249
- Health and Fitness Science – Peggy Grigg 704-922-6377
- Industrial Technologies – Jeff Switzer 704-922-6381
- Therapeutic Massage – Monica Phillips 704-922-2270
- Civil Engineering Technology – Scotty Brooks 704-922-6299
- Computer Engineering Technology -George Hendricks 704-922-6305
- Electronics Engineering Technology – Mani Memari 704-922-6301
- Mechanical Engineering Technology – Thomas Nortey 704-922-6306
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology – Thomas Nortey 704-922-6306