Cyber Defense Education
The Networking and Cyber Defense track prepares individuals for employment supporting network infrastructure environments. The curriculum provides individuals with the skills required to implement effective and comprehensive information security controls.
5 Semesters to Your AAS
You’ll be ready for entry-level Cyber Security positions in just five semesters, and you may be qualified to take exams for network and security industry certifications.
Strong Job Outlook and Great Earning Potential
Cybersecurity job growth is predicted to be much faster than the average, with higher than average salaries.
Course work includes design, installation, configuration, and management of network infrastructure technologies, network operating systems, information policy, and industry best practices to protect data communications.
Graduates may find employment in entry-level jobs as local area network managers, network operators, network analysts, network technicians and security administrators. Graduates may also be qualified to take certification examinations for various network and security industry certifications.
Download Your Free IT Degree Program Guide!
Continuing Education Training Courses
Cybersecurity Fundamentals – Fully Online
This course is a combination of Introduction to Cybersecurity and Cybersecurity Essentials, following curriculum materials provided by our trained instructors in the CISCO Networking Academy. The course is designed for students who are considering IT as a career with a specialization in cybersecurity. Core skills to be covered in the course include:
- Learn what cybersecurity is and its potential impact on you.
- Understand the most common threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities.
- Gain insights into how businesses protect their operations from attacks.
- Find the latest job trends and why cybersecurity continues to grow.
- Understand security controls for networks, servers, and applications.
- Learn valuable security principles and how to develop compliant policies.
- Implement proper procedures for data confidentiality and availability.
- Develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills using real equipment and Cisco Packet Tracer
45 Hours – No book required