What is SPARC?
The Gaston College SPARC program enhances the college experience of students studying Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM). Students in this program experience STEM classes that are interactive and hands-on. The program also provides scholarships to talented students with financial need (SPARC Scholars), personalized support services for students (i.e. advising, mentoring, tutoring, internships, and research experiences), and professional development for local educators.
SPARC 2017 Updated Numbers
2016 Gaston College SPARC Pearson
- June 15, 2018 (or until all spots are filled): SPARC Scholarship Applications Due
- August 1-3, 2018: SPARC Scholars Orientation
- August 20, 2018: First Day of Class
- October 12, 2018: SNCURCS Abstract Submission Deadline
- October 12, 2018: CCURI Fall Colloquium Abstract Submission Deadline
- October 18-19, 2018: Fall Break
- November 2, 2018: SPARC Professional Development Conference
- November 10, 2018: SNCURCS Presentation at NC State
- November 21-23, 2018: Thanksgiving Break
- November 29-December 1, 2018: CCURI Fall Colloquium in Glendale, AZ
- December 6, 2018: Gaston College Undergraduate Research and Creativity Symposium