- A notarized Affidavit of Financial Support completed by your parent or sponsor.
- An original letter from your sponsor’s bank or financial institution giving the following information:
- Date account was opened.
- Current account balance (showing a minimum of $16,528 on deposit).
- A current exchange rate or U.S. dollar equivalent .
- This letter must be on bank stationary and signed by a bank official. A photocopy of your sponsor’s monthly bank statement DOES NOT QUALIFY!
Sample Letter Bank
If you plan to support yourself, an Affidavit of Support is not required. You must submit a letter from your bank with the above information and the bank account must be in your name.
If you have a family member or friend who lives in the Charlotte/Metro area and plans to provide you with housing free of charge, that person must submit a signed, notarized letter with a clear statement of intention to provide room & board free of charge for the duration of your studies. In such a case, the estimated living expenses of $8,500 per year do not have to be documented.