NC Auto Safety and OBD II Emissions Classes
NC Auto Safety Certification/Renewal: 8 Hours – $90 per course
This is the state-required certification for all individuals seeking authorization to perform annual motor vehicle safety inspections. This class DOES NOT meet training requirements for emissions testing. This eight-hour course is used for new certifications as well as the renewal certifications as required by the DMV. Textbook included in the cost of the course.
- Monday, January 8th & Wednesday, January 10th, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, February 5 & Wednesday, February 7, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, March 5 & Wednesday, March 7, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, April 9 & Wednesday, April 11, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, May 7 & Wednesday, May 9, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, June 4 & Wednesday, June 6, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, July 9 & Wednesday, July 11, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, August 6 & Wednesday, August 8, 6-10 pm DSC 208
OBD II Emissions New: 8 Hours – $90 per course
This eight-hour course will allow inspectors to become certified in emissions inspections for North Carolina State inspections, NC Department of Motor Vehicles. Required textbook is included in the price of the class.
- Tuesday, January 23rd & Thursday, January 25th, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Tuesday, February 20th & Thursday, February 22th, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Tuesday, March 20th & Thursday, March 22th, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Tuesday, April 17th & Thursday, April 19th, 6-10 pm, DSC 208
- Wednesday, May 16th & Thursday, May 17, 6-10 pm, DSC 208
- Tuesday, June 12 & Thursday, June 14, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Tuesday, July 24 & Thursday, July 26, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Tuesday, August 21 & Thursday, August 23, 6-10 pm DSC 208
OBD II Emissions Renewal: 8 Hours – $90 per course
This eight-hour class will satisfy the renewal of a North Carolina emissions inspection license required by NC Department of Motor Vehicles. Required textbook is included in the price of the class.
- Monday, January 22nd & Wednesday, January 24th , 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, February 19th & Wednesday, February 21st, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, March 19th & Wednesday, March 21st, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, April 16th & Wednesday, April 18th, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, May 14th & Tuesday, May 15th, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, June 11 & Wednesday, June 13, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, July 23 & Wednesday, July 25, 6-10 pm DSC 208
- Monday, August 20 & Wednesday, August 22, 6-10 pm DSC 208
Course Meeting Location
DSC (Dalpiaz Building, Dallas Campus) Dallas Campus Map
Course Meeting Information
Late arrivals will not be allowed to attend class and will have to reschedule. If you have signed up for a certain date you must attend that day not show up on another class date instead; we must be notified about the change to make sure there is room in the class you want to attend.
Student must attend all 8 hours in order to complete the NC Auto Safety and OBD II Emissions classes.
Select WEBADVISOR. Watch the short video for instructions. Select Visit WebAdvisor at the bottom of the webpage. Click Register and Pay for Continuing Education Classes. In Search For (Key Word) textbox type in Safety OR OBD and click Submit at the bottom of the webpage. Select the class you wish to take using the check box on the left side of the table and follow the rest of the instructions.
Notes when using Online registration
- If you have an address change, name change, etc., we will need this updated information so we can contact you in case of a class change/cancellation or refund. Entering different information on the registration form will not update any existing records. If your information has changed, please call the Registration Department at 704-922-6252 or 704-922-6496.
- Online registration is for all these classes. Underage students (16 and 17 year olds) are not eligible for online registration/payment, please use the Walk-in option below or you may contact the program area. Credit card payments will only be accepted with Online and Walk In registration.
- You cannot DROP/WITHDRAW from classes using WebAdvisor. If you need to drop or withdraw prior the class start date, please contact the Registration Department at 704.922.6252 or 704.922.6496.
CE Registration Department
MYERS CENTER – 2nd floor
201 Highway 321 South, Dallas, NC 28034
Monday through Thursday: 8:00am-4:00pm and Fridays 8:00am-3:00pm
DMV will not process a completed OBD license until the SAFETY is completed for new certifications; therefore always take NC Safety FIRST and then OBD. The same for renewals, DMV will not process OBD II renewal if your Safety renewal will expire or has expired before OBD II renewal has been processed.
What to bring
- All techs in the inspection classes are required to have a completed LT-310 Action Form (New version as of 7/2017) on the first night of class. This form is in triplicate (carbonless form) and must be hand printed & signed by the owner, partner, or supervisor of the garage or dealership employing them when it is sent to DMV. If the tech does not have this complete, he/she will be turned away and will need to call to reschedule.
- If you need a form (New Version as of 7/2017) one can be mailed to you or picked up from the Dalpiaz building, reception area or DSC 203. If you are using previous versions please email ConEd@gaston.edu with mailing address in order for us to send you the 7/2017 version and please discard any old versions you have.
Full refunds will be made if a student officially withdraws from an occupational course prior to the first class meeting or if the course is cancelled by the college due to insufficient enrollment. Seventy-five percent refund of the tuition, but not fees, will be made if a student officially withdraws from an occupational course after the beginning date but prior to the 10 percent point of the scheduled course hours or during the first 10 days of a contact-hour course. Refunds of self-supported courses may be made if adequate course fees remain to cover all course expenses. (The refund policy is subject to change. Refunds will be issued in accordance with the current state and college policy).
“Like” us on Facebook
Question or concerns: email ConEd@gaston.edu or call Holly Lambert at 704-922-6353.
Thank you so much for choosing Gaston College for your educational needs.