The Campus Emergency Notification System will notify you of:
- Weather closings
- Crime in progress
- Emergency situations
Once you decide to subscribe, you’ll be guided step-by-step through the subscription process. You can un-subscribe to alerts at any time. A few points to remember:
- You may subscribe or unsubscribe at any time
- No spam messages
- Monthly system test messages
- Subscribe cell phone numbers for text messages (phone service must be text enabled)
- Subscribe via email address
- Phone numbers or email address WILL NOT be shared
- All subscriptions purged in January of ODD numbered years 2011, 2013
- This is a voluntary program
How does the Notification System work?
During an urgent situation, the Campus Emergency Notification system will begin cycling through the points of contact listed for your account to deliver the alert, starting with the first available.
** Disclaimer **
There is no charge for signing up for this optional college emergency communication service. However, you are responsible for messaging charges incurred by your cell phone carrier (for example, AT&T, Sprint, US Cellular, Alltel, Verizon) when receiving text messages from Gaston College.
All names will be purged from the system in January of ODD numbered years (i.e. 2011, 2013etc) and you must re-subscribe to continue to receive alerts.