The Work-based Learning and Placement Office provides assistance to employers seeking to fill part-time and full-time positions. Click on the link below for more information.
College Central Network provides free 24/7 access for registered employers to post job openings that are available to Gaston College students and alumni. Register today!
Already registered? Post jobs and/or search resumes for qualified candidates.
Do you know about Gaston College’s internship program – Work-Based Learning (WBL)?
Work-Based Learning provides students with the opportunity to obtain practical work experience and college credit at the same time. Students work in fields that coincide with their program of study. Review list of eligible programs.
There are several benefits to offering Work-Based Learning at your company:
- It saves on personnel recruitment costs.
- It gives you the opportunity to evaluate a prospective employee’s aptitude and capabilities before making a long-term commitment.
- It develops students who become ambassadors for your company.
- It allows you to partner in the educational process.
Work opportunities can be paid or on a volunteer basis; however, there are federal guidelines for unpaid internships at ‘for profit’ companies. See Fact Sheet 71 for more information.
As a Work-Based Learning employer, you are responsible for:
- Interviewing and selecting the WBL student for your company. We can provide a candidate pool, if necessary.
- Providing an opportunity for the WBL student to perform tasks related to their program of study.
- Providing supervision at the work site.
- Allowing Gaston College faculty and/or WBL staff to conduct on-site visits with the student and their supervisor.
Employers are welcome to host recruiting events on the Gaston College campuses. We recommend recruiting to take place during the fall and spring semesters, to coincide with class times. Contact us for more information!