- Apply to Gaston College – apply online at www.cfnc.org/gastonapp
- Apply for Financial Aid – students may submit a financial aid application online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Gaston College’s Title IV school code is 002973.
- Apply for Scholarships – more than $150,000 in scholarship assistance is available to students through the Gaston College Foundation. Scholarship awards can range from $250 to more than $2,500 each. To apply, go to https://gaston.academicworks.com. Deadlines are posted on the application site. For more information or questions, call 704-922-6228 or 704-922-6312.
- Submit Official Transcripts – submit official high school, GED or Adult High School transcript (signed and sealed) to the Office of Admissions. If you have attended other colleges/universities, you will need to submit official transcripts from those institutions.
- Activate your WebAdvisor account – students can look up their WebAdvisor user ID and reset their password if forgotten or unsure.
- Schedule College Placement Test – schedule your test online by clicking here. Check to see if you qualify for a placement testing waiver before scheduling the placement test. If you have questions about waivers contact the Admissions Office at 704-922-6214.
- Study and prepare for the College Placement Test – click here for study materials and testing taking tips
- Complete New Student Orientation – after completing the placement test or being waived from placement testing, you will receive instructions how to complete the REQUIRED orientation. Once orientation is completed, you will be assigned a registration date.
- Meet with an Advisor – for more information about academic advising click here
- Register for Classes via WebAdvisor or in person
- Pay Tuition and Fees
- Get Your Student ID Card
- Purchase Books and Supplies
- Last, but not least – GO TO CLASS!