Transfer Pathways

Transfer pathways are uniquely designed by universities and colleges in North Carolina to assist students in choosing the right courses for their program of choice. Refer to these pathways often to stay on track.


View University Pathways

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

North Carolina Public Universities

The North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (CAA) is a statewide agreement governing the transfer of credits between NC community colleges and NC public universities and has as its objective the smooth transfer of students. The CAA provides certain assurances to the transferring student; for example:

  • Assures admission to one of the 16 UNC institutions (Transfer Assured Admissions Policy)
  • Enables NC community college graduates of two-year Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degree programs who are admitted to constituent institutions of the university of NC to transfer with junior status.

Gaston College has partnered with the Public Universities of North Carolina to facilitate credit transfer. Click on the link below to find descriptions of our transfer degree programs and transfer pathways that show the suggested courses to be taken at the community college in order to transfer for a particular major at the university.

Pathways for Universities/Colleges

North Carolina Private Universities

The Independent Comprehensive Articulation Agreement (ICAA) between the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) and the Signatory Institutions of North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities (NCICU) is intended to provide smooth transfer for community college students who wish to continue their education at an NCICU Signatory Institution.  The ultimate goal of this agreement is the seamless articulation from the community college to the NCICU institution with minimal loss of credit or repetition of work. 

Gaston College has partnered with the several area private universities/colleges who participate in the ICAA to facilitate credit transfer. Please visit the individual school sites for more details concerning transfer.

Universities/Colleges Outside of North Carolina

For information concerning transferring Gaston College courses to schools outside of North Carolina, please visit the College Navigator website.