All students accepted to the following programs will be required to meet the clinical requirements listed below
- All Nursing Programs (LPN, RN, & LPN-RN)
- Nursing Assistant I & II
- Health & Fitness Science
- Dietetic Programs
- Therapeutic Massage
- Medical Assisting
- Health Form Completed & Signed by Physician
- Immunization History
- MMR – series of 2 or Positive Titer
- 2-Step TB Skin Test
- Hep B – Series of 3 or Positive Titer
- Tdap (Tetanus)- within 10 years
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) -Series of 2 or Positive Titer
- Flu Shot* Required during flu season
Criminal Background Check
Convictions in the past seven years, or charges pending, on any of the following offenses will prevent students from completing the required clinical component for our health programs (this includes, but is not limited to):
- Assault of any nature.
- Sexual offenses of any nature.
- Illegal use, possession or selling of a controlled substance.
- Breaking and entering or burglary.
- Kidnapping, abduction and carjacking.
- Arson, hazing, perjury, bribery and obstruction of justice.
- Abuse and neglect.
- Any form of larceny. (Larceny includes fraud, shoplifting, embezzlement, armed
robbery, common law robbery, forgery and financial crimes.)
Gaston College has partnered with CastleBranch to conduct national background screenings, facilitate drug screens, and track all medical requirements for clinical placement. If you have been notified that you have been admitted to one of the programs listed above, you are required to order a CertifiedProfile through Castlebranch.com, at your own expense. Results will be sent directly to our Compliance Office. The fee is $104. Questions and concerns should be directed to the Compliance Specialist at 704-922-2275.