Textile Training Opportunities
Spring 2020 Master Calendar
Mark your calendars! Training events supported by NC Textile Training Initiative Fund*
New!!!! Drawing Autoleveler Optimization –March 3, 2020 (Len Furlough)
The influence of the drawing process on downstream yarn quality is significant. Variations, faults and defects in the draw sliver pass thru into yarn and impact yarn strength/elongation at break. This class will discuss cause /effect of the process variables and a methodology to determine optimum drawing setups and procedures.
Class is scheduled 8:30 AM-4:30 PM at the Textile Center
- MVS Spinning Class- May 20, 2020 (Terry Bame, Muratec & Len Furlough 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
- This Vortex spinning seminar will focus on optimizing machine setups and methods/techniques to produce optimum yarn quality and highest productivity.
- No charge for North Carolina Textile Personnel; all others welcome to attend ($180 per person)
- NEW! Staple Fiber Finishes – March 25, 2020 (Tom Fiedler, Goulston) 8:30 am- 11:30 am
- Come learn about the impact of staple fiber finish on spun yarn quality and efficiency. This new seminar, presented by Goulston, will cover staple finish fundamentals including finish chemistry, finish on fiber application sites, finish levels, finish selection for staple spinning systems, and finish issues.
For additional information on each event, please contact Suzette McHugh (email@example.com or 704-661-8787).
- Most events free or subsidized for NC textile personnel; other textile personnel welcome to attend for a small fee. Subsidized fees/event are limited.
- Most events held at Textile Technology Center (Belmont, NC) or location listen on supplemental information.
The Textile Technology Center is excited to release our Textile 101 classes for 2020!
|March 5, 2020
|April 16, 2020
|May 28, 2020
|July 14, 2020
|August 26, 2020
|October 1, 2020|
|November 5, 2020|
|December 14, 2020|