Using techniques that involve separation, identification and quantification, the Analytical Laboratory determines the identity and quantity of chemical components within a sample.
Please contact Rick Stahl or Johnny Wong to
discuss your analytical chemistry needs.
Rick Stahl: 704-825-6265
Johnny Wong: 704-825-6263
- Surface Oligomers ~ $140 (Minimum Sample Size 5 grams)
Standard Method – UVVis
- pH Determination ~ $70 (Minimum Sample Size 5 grams)
This test determines the pH of wet processed textiles.
- Dissolve Out ~ Call for Quote
- Complete Finish Analysis ~ $345 (Minimum Sample Size 20 grams)
Finish extraction and analysis of residue by FTIR. Additional charge if EDX and/or GCMS required.
- % Finish (Extractables) ~ $155 (Minimum Sample Size 20 grams)
Finish analysis with hexanes and methanol data separated by solvent.
- Loss on Drying ~ $75
Standard evaporative analysis of polymer moisture (n=2)
- Ash ~ $85
Per request duplicate analysis.
- DSC- Heat History ~ $135
Heat history analysis of yarn, fiber and fabric in triplicate.
- DSC ~ $120
Standard melt point and transitions.
- GC ~ $170 (Minimum Sample Size 5 grams)
Standard PET preparation and analysis only (Any other GC analysis must be quoted individually and test methods provided where applicable.)
- ICP ~ $170 (Minimum Sample Size 5 grams)
Standard Element List-Standard Preparation (Acid Digestion or Ash) Elements available include (any and all can be reported at the specified rate): Silver, Aluminum, Arsenic, Beryllium, Bismuth, Calcium, Cadmium, Cobalt, Chromium, Copper, Iron, Potassium, Lithium, Magnesium, Manganese, Molybdenum, Sodium, Nickel, Phosphorous, Lead, Antimony, Selenium, Strontium, Thallium, Titanium, Vanadium and Zinc.
- GC/MS ~ Call for quote
- DSC- Multiple Cycle ~ $145
Multiple cycle heat and cool based on specific instructions included in the initial request.
- UVVis ~ Call for quote
Quoted per request dependent on requirements.
- Moisture ~ $95
Standard evaporative analysis of polymer moisture (n=1)
- % Finish (Extractables) ~ $145 (Minimum Sample Size 20 grams)
Polar and non-polar extraction using methanol/hexanes
- Special Finish Analysis ~ Call for quote (Minimum Sample Size 20 grams)
Finish analysis with non-standard solvents/techniques quoted individually.
- Blend Analysis ~ $110 (Minimum Sample Size 10 grams)
Per polymer – i.e. remove cotton = 1 sample, remove PET = 1 sample
- FTIR ~ $90 (Minimum Sample Size 5 grams)
Normal Prep ~ Special handling will be quoted
- Relative Dye ~ $145 (Minimum Sample Size 5 grams)
Standard PET method w/HFIP
- Total Oligomers ~ $145 (Minimum Sample Size 5 grams)
Standard Method – UVVis
*Note: All tests are n=2 unless otherwise specified
Analytical Priority Assignment
Standard Service-Completion within 15 working business days
Express Service-Completion within 5 working business days 50% surcharge
Priority Service-Completion within 1-2 working business days 100% surcharge