Gaston College Expands Summer Course Offering
Students who are interested in taking college or continuing education classes during the summer have many options at Gaston College’s three campuses. For 2016, the College has expanded its course offerings beyond classes that have been available in past summer sessions.
Additional funding from the state of North Carolina will allow Gaston College to offer diverse classes like Art Appreciation, Nutrition, Introduction to Business, American Literature, Basic PC Literacy, Cosmetology Concepts, Introduction to Criminal Justice, World Civilizations, and Medical Transcription, in addition to STEM classes such as Microbiology, Photovoltaic System Technology, CAD for Engineering Technology, and Linear Algebra.
The summer classes are scheduled for flexibility. Students can attend Gaston College throughout the summer in 10-week classes or they can opt for either of the two shorter, 5-week sessions. For the first time, a 7-week session is available, which is ideal for graduating high school seniors who want to begin to earn college credits before they enter college or university in August. Each session is open to all interested students.
Gaston College is reserving seats in its summer classes for university students who may want to earn transferable credits while they are on summer break from their 4-year institutions. Interested students should apply online and bring a college transcript to a Gaston College Admissions Office on or before Visiting University Student Day on Tuesday, May 17.
The Gaston College summer session schedule is as follows:
- April 26-May 18: Advising and Registration for Returning Students
- May 3-May 18: Advising and Registration for New Students
- May 17: Visiting University Student Day
- May 23: First day of Full/First Summer Session classes
- June 13: First day of 7-week Summer Session classes
- June 23: Last day of First Summer Session classes
- June 27: First day of Second Summer Session classes
- August 4: Last day of Summer Session classes
Students can enroll on-line at www.gaston.edu or they can visit the Admissions Offices at the three Gaston College campuses:
- Dallas Campus: 201 Highway 321 South, Dallas, NC 28034, 704-922-6232
- Lincoln Campus: 511 South Aspen St., Lincolnton, NC 28093, 704-748-5214
- Kimbrell Campus: 7220 Wilkinson Blvd., Belmont, NC 28012, 704-825-6269
A complete list of Gaston College 2016 Summer Classes will be available in mid-April.