Fall 2020 Semester Announcements
- In light of current guidelines and recommendations related to COVID-19, the Counseling and Advising Center and the Transfer Advising Center will offer virtual advising appointments in three different formats: Phone, e-mail, and video conferencing. Appointments are scheduled from the hours of 8:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday-Thursday. Visit the Advising website to request a virtual appointment or for other registration information.
- We are still accepting new students for Fall 2020. You can find information on our website to apply as a new student as well as our online application. Use the information below to contact our staff if you need assistance.
Enrollment and Support Services
Student Affairs is committed to providing accessible educational services that improve learning and advance student success at Gaston College. Please utilize the following contact information for Student Affairs departments to contact us until further notice.
Email is the primary method of communication for most departments at this time. If you call one of the numbers listed below and are unable to speak directly with a member of our team, be sure you leave a detailed voicemail that includes an email address and phone number. We will be checking messages frequently and will respond to you as quickly as possible.
Admissions (for information about enrolling at Gaston College):
- Advising (for information about academic advising services):
- The best way to obtain books and supplies is still online at bookstore.gaston.edu. In-store pick-up is available.
- Call: 704.922.6428
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- The bookstore will be open Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-6 p.m. during the summer. A limited number of people will be allowed in the store at a time due to social distancing requirements. We anticipate longer than normal wait times the closer we get to the start of the semester.
- Business Office (for payment of tuition and fees):
- Continuing Education (for information about non-credit classes and programs):
- Counseling, Career Development, and Accessibility Services (for academic, personal or career counseling and accessibility/disability services):
- Visit Counseling on our website
- Call: 704-922-6220
- An appointment will be required for any campus visit to this office.
- Educational Partnerships (for information about the College’s high school dual enrollment programs):
- Financial Aid (for information about grants, scholarships and veterans programs):
- LPCC – Learning, Persistence and Completion Center (for information about tutoring and writing assistance):
- Visit LPCC on our website.
- Learning Center
- Email: email@example.com
- Writing Center
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Records and Registration (for information about records, registration, graduation and transcripts):
- Sponsorship Office (for third party payment of tuition and fees):
- Student Life (for information about student activities):
- Testing Center (for information about admissions and program testing at Gaston College):
- Visit Katherine Harper Testing Center on our website
- Call 704.922.2433
- Email: KHTC@gaston.edu
- An appointment will be required for any campus visit to this office
- Blackboard Log-in
- Blackboard Help for Students
- Contact email@example.com for assistance with blackboard or online learning.
- Computer Labs
- Computer labs will be available on campus as per posted schedules.
Laptop Checkout Program
Update 8/3/20: Due to high demand laptops and Wi-Fi Hotspots are not yet available. An update will be posted here when they are available for the Fall 2020 semester.
- Laptops and Wi-Fi Hotspots, when available, will be issued on a first-come, first-serve basis through Technology Services in CET-11 on the Dallas campus.
- Items may not be reserved in advance and can be checked out for a maximum of one semester.
- If not returned on the return date, a $100 late fee will be charged. Additional fees will apply for the replacement of items that are lost, stolen or damaged.
- Other Technology Resources
- Visit Student Technology Resources for more information and additional links.
- Contact Tech Services for assistance with computer technology, including hardware and software, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Illness or Exposure
- If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, have been notified you were exposed to coronavirus, or if you are experiencing any symptoms of the coronavirus, including a fever, cough or shortness of breath, you should follow the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) for self-monitoring and seeking medical care.
- Report any positive tests or exposure if you’ve been on campus at any point in the past several weeks by contacting Dr. Audrey Sherrill at 704.922.6217 or Dr. Jennifer Nichols 704.922.6482, or email to email@example.com.
- Gaston College observes restrictions and disclosures of protected health information (PHI) in accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”).
Program-Specific Safety Protocols
- Additional program-specific safety protocols and guidelines may be implemented for in-person instruction (classroom, lab, and clinical) including, but not limited to the following:
- Limiting capacity as per recommendations by the CDC, NC DHHS, and/or other agencies.
- Spacing out tables, desks, and chairs at least 6 feet apart where feasible, or limiting use of some areas to maintain and promote social distancing.
- Requiring face coverings when social distancing of 6 feet is difficult or cannot be maintained.
- The sharing of high-touch materials, including instructional items such as electronic devices, books, pens, and other learning aids, should be avoided to the fullest extent possible.
- Items or supplies such as art supplies, lab equipment, shared desks, and/or computers should be assigned to an individual when possible or use should be limited to one group at a time. In all cases, items or supplies are to be cleaned and disinfected between use provided there is adequate ventilation when using cleaning products.
- For external partnerships that support educational programs such as Work-Based Learning and hands-on practicums in clinical settings, Gaston College will work with external partners to ensure that they have safety protocols in place in an effort to prevent or slow the spread of COVID-19.
- At a minimum, external partners are expected to follow the 3-Ws (Wear – Wait – Wash), consider additional safety recommendations as per the CDC and DHHS (e.g., cleaning and disinfecting protocols), and adhere to any specific federal, state, or local mandates.
- Faculty, staff, and students who participate in external partnership opportunities are expected to follow all established safety protocols, which may be different from those implemented at Gaston College.
- In some cases, Gaston College may implement and require additional program-specific safety protocols for faculty, staff, and students who participate in activities provided in collaboration with external partnerships.
Student Outreach Services (SOS)
Services are available for enrolled students and their family members and we encourage you to utilize these services if needed. Through the Student Outreach Services (SOS) program you can access clinicians that can assist with personal or academic-related challenges and concerns. Services are confidential and at no cost to the student and family member.
Graduates who were planning to walk in May 2020 but were unable to do so due to its cancellation are invited to participate in the May 2021 ceremony. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to participate in next year’s ceremony. For additional information about upcoming graduation, visit Graduation Central.