Return Student Advising
Returning Students We Advise
- Pre-Medical Assisting
- Pre-Nursing (LPN)
- Pre-Nursing (RN)
- Pre-LPN to RN track
- Pre-Veterinary Medical Technology
- Health Transfer students (if you are taking courses to transfer to another college’s heath program)
- Undecided about a major
- Special credit/non-degree seeking student (i.e., you may be taking classes that you need for a job or perhaps to transfer to a university)
Registration during COVID-19
In light of current guidelines and recommendations related to COVID-19, The Advising Center and The Transfer Advising Center will offer virtual advising appointments in three different formats: Phone, e-mail, and video conferencing.
Appointments are scheduled from the hours of 8:15 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. Monday-Thursday, and 8:15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Friday.
- New Students – Complete the Advising Appointment Request Form in order to request a virtual advising appointment through the Counseling and Advising Center. The Advising Center assists students who are not planning on transferring to a 4-year university.
- New and Returning Transfer Students – Complete the Transfer Advising Appointment Request Form in order to request a virtual advising appointment through the Transfer Advising Center. The Transfer Advising Center assists students who want to transfer from Gaston College to a 4-year college or university.
- Returning Pre-Health Students – Complete the Advising Appointment Request Form in order to request a virtual advising appointment through the Advising Center.
- All Other Returning Students – Email your program advisor, unless you are changing your major. You can find your program advisor under “My Profile” in WebAdvisor.
In order to submit the Advising Appointment Request Form, you must be able to access your Gaston College email account. Follow this link for help accessing your email.
Types of Advising
- Walk-in Advising Walk-in Advising from the hours of 8:00 a.m to 11:30 a.m. You may be advised at any of our three locations: Dallas Campus, Myers Center, 2nd floor; Lincoln Campus, LC building, 2nd floor; OR Kimbrell Campus, KCC building, Room 116B
- Email Advising by sending your request to email@example.com with your full name, birth date, major and a list of preferred courses for approval; you may be asked to meet with an advisor in person if additional advising is needed
- Self-Advising if you are sure of what courses you need and are accepting responsibility for registering for these courses through Web Advisor