Return Student Advising
Returning Students We Advise
- Pre-Medical Assisting
- Pre-Nursing (LPN)
- Pre-Nursing (RN)
- Pre-LPN to RN track
- Pre-Veterinary Medical Technology
- Health Transfer students (if you are taking courses to transfer to another college’s heath program)
- Undecided about a major
- Special credit/non-degree seeking student (i.e., you may be taking classes that you need for a job or perhaps to transfer to a university)
Registration during COVID-19
To make advising and registration for Summer 2020 run as smoothly as possible for you, please use the appropriate link below:
- New Students – Complete the Advising Appointment Request Form in order to request an advising appointment through the Counseling and Advising Center or Transfer Advising Center.
- Returning Transfer Students – Complete the Advising Appointment Request Form in order to request an advising appointment through the Transfer Advising Center.
- Returning Pre-Health Students – Complete the Advising Appointment Request Form in order to request an advising appointment through the Counseling and Advising Center.
- All Other Returning Students – Email your program advisor, unless you are changing your major. You can find your program advisor under “My Profile” in WebAdvisor.
In order to submit the Advising Appointment Request Form, you must be able to access your Gaston College email account. Follow this link for guidance and email access instructions.
Types of Advising
- Walk-in Advising from the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Note: we are closed on Fridays during the summer months)You may be advised at any of our three locations: Dallas Campus, Myers Center, 2nd floor; Lincoln Campus, LC building, 2nd floor; OR Kimbrell Campus, KCC building, Room 116B
- Email Advising by sending your request to CounselingCenterAdvising@gaston.edu with your full name, birth date, major and a list of preferred courses for approval; you may be asked to meet with a counselor/advisor in person if additional advising is needed
- Self-Advising if you are sure of what courses you need and are accepting responsibility for registering for these courses through Web Advisor