Events and Travel
Changes to events and travel
- Events and gatherings of 50 or more people at any Gaston College campus that are not related to instruction will be postponed or canceled. This will remain in effect until further notice.
- We urge everyone to consider alternative options, such as conference calls, video conferencing, etc. for smaller events and gatherings as well.
- Contact the event organizer if you have any questions about an event you’re planning to attend.
- All international and domestic college-related travel that is outside the state of North Carolina is suspended for all faculty, staff and students until further notice.
- In-state college-related travel that is outside of the College’s service area will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must be approved by the President.
- We are following the guidance from the CDC regarding international travel. Any student, faculty or staff member returning to the United States from a location with a Level 3 or Level 2 warning is being asked to self-quarantine at home for a minimum of 14 days prior to returning to campus.
- Students who have traveled to these locations in the last 30 days, including over spring break, should notify Dr. Audrey Sherrill at 704.922.6217 or firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
- Faculty or staff who have traveled to these locations in the last 30 days should notify Carol Denton, at 704.922.6484 or email@example.com in Human Resources immediately.
- The College is also discouraging any personal nonessential domestic and international travel at this time. If you are traveling, follow all travel precautions and guidance from the CDC and the U.S. Department of State.
- Employees who leave the state for travel are urged to notify their supervisor. Those employees returning from out-of-state travel may be asked to self-quarantine off-campus for 14 days.