Gaston College Libraries
The purpose of the Gaston College Libraries is to directly support the mission of the College by providing library services and access to information in various formats.
Goals of the libraries
- To serve as an integral part of the institution’s teaching, learning, and service functions.
- To provide students, faculty, staff, and community users with access to well-organized, adequate, and current collections in various formats, including print, audiovisual, and electronic.
- To enhance the teaching/learning process by providing instruction in the use of resources to enable users to find, evaluate, and use information in the encouragement of information literacy.
- To provide access to the collections of other libraries
- To provide an environment conducive to learning and study for all library users.
- To support the development of an enlightened citizenry through the provision of a wide range of materials representing a variety of viewpoints in the pursuit of lifelong learning.