Civil Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org.
Student Enrollment and Graduation Data:
Civil Engineering Technology, A.A.S.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates will demonstrate:
- Technical competence for the practice of engineering technology in their field; those who transfer to a four-year engineering technology program will demonstrate the ability to perform at least on par with their peers in that program.
- Understanding of the importance of life-long learning and continue to expand their knowledge and skills beyond the formal education they received at Gaston College.
- The ability to effectively lead, work, and communicate in a professional environment on interdisciplinary teams.
- Critical thinking skills in identifying, analyzing and solving engineering technology problems in their field.
- Professionalism and high standards of professional ethics.