Gaston College’s Human Resources Development (HRD) program can help you prepare for workplace success and develop entry level job skills at no cost for qualifying individuals.The HRD Program is a job seeking/job keeping program that prepares the participants for success in the workplace. It is designed to help participants develop a positive attitude and self-concept as well as upgrade the level of education needed to prepare for, obtain, and maintain employment. For additional information call 704.922.2267.
You may enroll in HRD classes at NO CHARGE if you are:
- Notified of a pending layoff
- Working and eligible for the Federal Earned Income Tax Credit
- Working and earn wages at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
If you do not meet the above guidelines the cost is $129.
HRD Classes & Workshops
- A+ on Your Next Interview: Essential Skills
- Basic Computer Technology and Occupational Effectiveness Skills
- Computers for Medical Office
- Manufacturing Boot Camp
- No Cost Classes
- National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC): Prep/Certification Workshops
- Pathways to Accounting and Payroll: QuickBooks 2015
- Pathways to Office Administration and Accounting: Excel
- Social Media for Job Seekers