Home > EWD/Continuing Education > Getting Started > Register Now
The Economic and Workforce Development division has the flexibility to offer standard job-related or personal enrichment courses and highly specialized or customized courses.
How to Register:
Usage Fee: In addition to tuition, on-campus Economic and Workforce Development/Continuing Education classes are assessed a Usage Fee. Please consult the current Economic and Workforce Development/ Continuing Education course schedule for applicable tuition and fees.
- Registration requires your social security number.
- Registration fees varies:
- Continuing Education Occupational courses vary, based upon the actual total hours of the course.
- Community Service course fees vary
- Adult Basic Education and Adult High School courses are free (all are subject to change by State legislation).
- Senior citizens, 65 years of age and older, who meet North Carolina requirements as a resident for tuition purposes, may enroll in one course free of charge per academic semester, unless the course is designated as "self-supporting."
- There is no registration fee for job-related courses for law enforcement, firemen, and rescue personnel.
- Self-supporting registration fees vary. There are NO fee exemptions for self-supporting classes.
- Payment for registration fees may be provided by cash, personal or company check, Master Card/VISA, Discover, or American Express credit cards. Verification of identification may be requested. If payment is to be provided by company purchase order, the original should either be provided to the college’s Business Office prior to the convening date of the class or hand-carried in the possession of the student(s) registering. The purchase order must state the total amount authorized, the names or number of students authorized, the complete billing address of the company involved, and an original signature and typed name of the authorizing company official.
- Students ages 16-18 years must have a signed Dual Enrollment form PRIOR to enrolling in class. Students less than 16 years of age may NOT enroll.
- The college reserves the right to cancel classes at any time due to insufficient enrollment or attendance.
- Class schedules are subject to change, without prior notification, due to instructor or classroom availability.
CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSE REPEAT POLICY:
Students are limited to two enrollments in the same state-supported occupational course within a five-year period. Students may enroll more than two times, but must pay the regular registration fee per contact hour rather than the regular course fee. [Exception: Enrollment in Public Safety courses is not restricted by the repeat policy.]
Back To Top