Career Readiness Certification
The Career Readiness Certification (CRC) is a portable record of work skills. Training and testing of abilities in reading, locating information in charts and graphs, and math can help:
- Find the best job match.
- Increase the opportunities to be hired
- Improve skills and flexibility to meet the demands of the changing workplace.
The Career Readiness Certification (CRC) documents skill achievement in Reading for Information, Locating Information, and Applied Math at three levels-Bronze, Silver, and Gold.
Tools: WorkKeys, KeyTrain, and Career Skills
The Career Readiness Certification uses the WorkKeys system* to determine the skills needed for success in the workplace. Reading for Information, Locating Information, and Applied Math are the target skills for certification because these skills are required in over 85% of jobs. Using the WorkKeys system, current skill levels are determined in these three areas. Training helps close the gap between current skills and desired certification level.
Training helps develop the skills needed to meet the job requirements. KeyTrain is the pre-test and training tool for increasing skills. In a classroom with an instructor, learning is self-paced. KeyTrain is a very easy to use Internet-based course that works with the WorkKeys system.
*The WorkKeys system is a three pronged workforce development tool consisting of job profiling, skill assessment, and training. Contact Gaston College HRD Department for more information.
Check these schedules for options in obtaining your Career Readiness Certificate.
To take the CRC test without attending the above classes, you may pay $30.00 to any Gaston College Business Office, and choose your testing date from the 2012 CRC Testing Schedule.
- Employees have the skills to be confident and successful in the workplace.
- Employees train more quickly in a new job. They are ready for promotion or new responsibilities.
- The CRC is recognized by employers across the state and across the nation.
- Training is low-cost, free, or may be paid by employers.
- Area companies want to hire workers with the skills that match the jobs.
- Well-trained workers in Gaston and Lincoln Counties make our area very attractive for businesses to start up and grow.
- More businesses-more jobs. Better skills-better jobs.
- CRC Plus offers the KeyTrain Career Skills curriculum to provide "soft skills" training employers want and need.
To obtain a Career Readiness Certificate, or for more information on other WorkKeys Assessments needed for employment credentials, please contact
Donna Blake at 704.922.2267 or email: email@example.com