Paralegal Technology PLOs
Program Learning Outcomes
Paralegal Technology, A.A.S. (A25380)
- Define basic civil, civil injuries, criminal, domestic, and business law concepts, as well as an understanding of the role of the paralegal in our legal system.
- Perform basic research of defined legal questions by traditional and electronic means and properly cite legal authorities.
- Describe legal ethics and use of the NC rules of Professional Conduct.
- Describe the court system and the litigation process and assist an attorney in the preparation and filing of legal documents.
Paralegal Technology-Paralegal Office Administration Certificate (C25380)
- Identify basic legal concepts, including the proper role of the paralegal in the practice of law.
- Demonstrate effective use of computer skills and technology to perform office functions relevant to the legal field.