AS Program Learning Outcomes
Program Learning Outcomes
Graduates will demonstrate general education competencies in the following areas:
Competency 1: Information Literacy and Educational Technology
Students will meet this competency through the completion of both objectives 1a and 1b.
- Objective 1a: Access, use, and evaluate information in a variety of formats.
- Objective 1b: Use educational technologies to achieve academic and work-related goals.
Competency 2: Communication.
Students will meet this competency through assessments in both ENG 111 and ENG 112 or ENG 114.
Objective: Communicate effectively through writing, reading, and speaking.
Competency 3: Mathematical and Scientific Reasoning.
Students will meet this competency through the completion of objectives 3a or 3b.
- Objective 3a: Analyze mathematical problems and quantitative data to make logical decisions.
- Objective 3b: Demonstrate knowledge of the natural sciences and use this knowledge to analyze problems and make rational decisions.
Competency 4: Humanities and Fine Arts.
Students will meet this competency through the completion of objectives 4a or 4b.
- Objective 4a: Demonstrate knowledge of philosophical and/or religious beliefs, assumptions, and values.
- Objective 4b: Demonstrate knowledge of cultural and artistic significance within the fine arts.
Competency 5: Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Students will meet this competency through the completion of objectives 5a or 5b.
- Objective 5a: Demonstrate knowledge of the historical patterns in political, cultural, and economic life and their impact on human societies.
- Objective 5b: Demonstrate knowledge of the reciprocal interactions among self, society, and the environment.